clean up of future Steelhead park, Sultan Wa

Posted by: girl of CNCFISH

clean up of future Steelhead park, Sultan Wa - 07/16/14 12:40 AM

This Thursday..7\17..8am, volunteers are needed to meet up at the site of the soon to be Steelhead park..in Sultan Wa....to help clean up the homeless encampment...(all homeless have relocated...but there is A LOT of garbage etc..left behind)
also Friday 7\18.
parking limited ..so may need to park in the grass along Hwy2..and cross river at the bridge at 5th st light.
please wear long pants
long sleeve shirts
boots or thick sole shoes
thick work gloves

please bring shovels
heavy duty plastic trash bags (contractor grade best)
Posted by: cncfish

Re: clean up of future Steelhead park, Sultan Wa - 07/16/14 01:26 PM

for those that don't know this project.

Snohomish county is turning the woods behind cracker bar(?), directly across from the mouth of the sultan river boat launch, into a county park. camp sites, RV spots the works. the plan was to have it all cleaned up and built before winter this year. but due to the Oso slide it is on hold until crews come clean it up.

My understanding is that if we can get it clean construction can start. (I take no responsibility for political promises as I am not a politician)

I am just happy they moved the squatters out and hope its a park before they try to move back. that will give the police a legal leg to keeping them out.

unfortunately I leave for several days in Oregon tonight. but the local group that is putting this on will be there. and we thought you guys might be able to help.
thanks for reading.
Posted by: RognSue

Re: clean up of future Steelhead park, Sultan Wa - 07/16/14 10:21 PM

Too bad the clean up isn't on the weekend... It's a great place for the project thou... Great place for an actual real boat launch...long time coming smile