2015 Washinton State proposed budget

Posted by: TheHunt

2015 Washinton State proposed budget - 08/11/14 11:25 PM

Going to slide 13 is the key in this deck

http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/meetings/2014/08/aug0814_13_presentation.pdf
Posted by: Salman

Re: 2015 Washinton State proposed budget - 08/11/14 11:56 PM

Whats commercial steelhead fishing (slide 14)?
Posted by: Soft bite

Re: 2015 Washinton State proposed budget - 08/12/14 12:06 AM

Wow! I was expecting it to be about the proposed recreational license fees, not about closing commercial fishing in Grays Harbor and Willapa. Is this Phil's parting good deed?
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: 2015 Washinton State proposed budget - 08/12/14 01:06 AM

"Marijuana on State Lands"?

Talk about improving current service levels!

Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: 2015 Washinton State proposed budget - 08/12/14 08:23 AM

Page 13 caught my attention.........anyone that has attended NOF meeting/process has got to understand the vast amount of time/dollars to come up information to justify a NT commercial fishery in the Chehalis/Humptulips basins.

Now is a good time to "cut the money flow"......NO MORE NT nets in the Chehalis/Humptulips areas.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: 2015 Washinton State proposed budget - 08/12/14 10:27 AM

More likely it is a way to make sure those funds are added into the budget. Long time practice to propose closing hatcheries, deleting popular programs, etc. Then, the Leg rides in on its White Horse and "saves" the popular ones. Then, the agency hopes the rest of the proposal slides by so they can do the less politically supported activities.
Posted by: Rivrguy

Re: 2015 Washinton State proposed budget - 08/12/14 11:02 AM

So far good points. Then we have McCleary ( school funding ), culvert case, state pensions, transportation infrastructure, enviro issues, these all have a B as in billions not as in the past that it was millions. CM is right as the dance will start but I think this time around there will be no place to hide. The agency moved things around and cut some in the present budget but little fat ( other than the big house in Olympia ) remains. Smoke and mirrors will not work this time.

Quote:
Whats commercial steelhead fishing (slide 14)?
Tribal Steelhead fisheries I imagine.
Posted by: Chasin' Baitman

Re: 2015 Washinton State proposed budget - 08/12/14 12:13 PM

Not handing tens of thousands of dollars to hostile environmental organizations so they won't sue you should save some cash.
Posted by: N W Panhandler

Re: 2015 Washinton State proposed budget - 08/12/14 02:33 PM

This is going to be a busy year for some