Wall display for old fishing poles

Posted by: gabe0308

Wall display for old fishing poles - 09/19/14 05:31 PM

I inherited several bamboo fly rods and several other bamboo spinning rods and can't seem to find a goo way to display them in my house. Anyone have rods on display in their house or suggestions. Thanks.
Posted by: Kinetic Kwik

Re: Wall display for old fishing poles - 09/20/14 08:44 AM

Posted by: fishenfool

Re: Wall display for old fishing poles - 09/20/14 01:05 PM

I picked up nice wood rack from bass pro shop. Its a ceiling rack for 11 rods about 36" long. Haven't put it up yet, I have to clear it with boss if I plan on putting it in our workout/fish display room. Its solid wood with a nice finnish
Posted by: What

Re: Wall display for old fishing poles - 09/20/14 02:12 PM

Hung on man-cave wall with small finish nails carefully tapped through a couple of the guides.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Wall display for old fishing poles - 09/20/14 10:50 PM

I have my grand dads old bamboo rod he got after world war 2 along with his martin fly reel and all his flies,and old plugs and a bunch of other things and I plan on doing a picture box,probably felt or velvet for the background,as well as some lighting for it. I believe I will make the frame out of walnut . It may cost me some bucks but it's something I have been planning on doing this winter. So maybe that's an avenue for you to take.
Posted by: RUNnGUN

Re: Wall display for old fishing poles - 09/23/14 11:50 AM

I have a couple bamboo cane poles w/o reels my grandpa used for river steelhead/salmon way back,1930's? They have ceramic guides attached that rattle... pretty cool. I have them displayed on my wall, criss crossed in an "X" fashion. Below the intersection of the X, I have the old strip basket he used to hold the line. It was a type of gut that got plyable when wet...main line. Bought leader material to attach, must have been to expensive back then? Crazy method w/o reel. Cast out, drift, hand over hand retrieve w/ pole under arm pit. If hooked a fish pay out and strip in. Can't even imagine w/ a big fish? Cooler than [Bleeeeep!] anyway! Quite the conversation piece in my fishing room.