Washington hatchery gives away salmon

Posted by: Phoenix77

Washington hatchery gives away salmon - 10/21/14 09:24 AM

Washington hatchery gives away salmon

People wait in line as female chum salmon are held in a rack that aids in the harvest of their eggs, Monday, Oct. 20, 2014, at the Grovers Creek Hatchery, in Poulsbo, Wash. The hatchery gives out free fish several days a week after the salmon have been measured, scanned for electronic tracking tags and have had their eggs removed. ....http://www.chron.com/news/us/article/AP-PHOTOS-Washington-hatchery-gives-away-salmon-5835881.php
Posted by: Keta

Re: Washington hatchery gives away salmon - 10/21/14 03:23 PM

The ultimate terminal fishery. No reason to keep my boats and fishing gear any more. Some gourmet five star salmon right there there for free.
Posted by: Swifty27

Re: Washington hatchery gives away salmon - 10/21/14 04:15 PM

It will smoke up fine.

Posted by: GutZ

Re: Washington hatchery gives away salmon - 10/21/14 06:49 PM

Yumm Chumm
Posted by: no fish10

Re: Washington hatchery gives away salmon - 10/22/14 01:27 AM

That's kitsap poggie Ray Fredericks at grover creek of the kitsap poggie club . He has been doing volunteer work for decades a good man. I was down below him beating the fish in the head as they came out of the pond. These fish the Suquamish give to the general public. The silvers in the lower part of the picture were in very good shape. We have a few more days of fish processing at grover creek. At the Suquamish hatchery in gorst the poggies cut the heads off the kings and gut them and take them to the food bank. The suquamish tribe makes sure nothing is wasted. Next month we will clean the ponds at gorst and get them ready for chinook smolts. that will be a lot of work. Give the Suquamish tribe credit for donating fish to the public. If you live in kitsap county Join the poggies and give us a hand we could use the help.
Posted by: Keta

Re: Washington hatchery gives away salmon - 10/22/14 04:29 AM

Hey...Thanks for the story,very interesting. I was wondering about those relatively bright fish in the picture. The article picture fish look more like river nutrients than fit for human consumption to me. That's what I thought they were giving away.