Attention Garmin users: Beta test Navionics

Posted by: tbrinks

Attention Garmin users: Beta test Navionics - 11/12/14 01:34 PM

Below is a message from Navionics regarding the new SonarCharts feature for Garmin users.

Navionics SonarCharts is now available for Garmin users, beginning at the start of 2015. SonarCharts for Garmin is one foot contours of all our 18,000 Navionics lakes and coastal areas out to 80 feet. Beyond 80 feet in saltwater is 3 foot contours to 250 and 6 foot beyond that. This is meant to give more fishing and sailing/cruising detail on your Garmin chart plotter. We would like to give out some beta testing charts for free to get your opinion before we launch. We are offering a free chart to the first 20 people.

If you are interested, send me your name, address, phone, email, and plotter type. They will send these to you as the regions are prepared. You will love the additional level of detail.

Re: Attention Garmin users: Beta test Navionics - 11/25/14 02:19 PM

There are still a few openings for Garmin users. Contact me with the info and also include what body of water you fish most.
Posted by: dwatkins

Re: Attention Garmin users: Beta test Navionics - 11/25/14 02:25 PM

don't have a garmin but hoping guys take advantage of this.
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: Attention Garmin users: Beta test Navionics - 11/25/14 04:07 PM

Message sent.

Thanks, Dave

Re: Attention Garmin users: Beta test Navionics - 03/19/15 05:26 PM

Just wanted to give you an update, the Navionics cards are now available to purchase for Garmin users. This is a screen shot taken from the sound.

Posted by: bushbear

Re: Attention Garmin users: Beta test Navionics - 03/19/15 10:30 PM

...and I rec'd the following message this afternoon.

Lucia Giachi (Navionics SpA)
Dear all, by request of Garmin, I'm informing you that Garmin may change their software thus making their plotters incompatible with Navionics charts. Customers that buy a new Garmin plotter, or that update the software of their old Garmin one, may no longer be able to use Navionics charts.

Re: Attention Garmin users: Beta test Navionics - 03/30/15 01:22 PM

That it is correct bushbear. As of now any updates may change whether or not it can work. I will keep you updated if I hear of anything new.
Posted by: bushbear

Re: Attention Garmin users: Beta test Navionics - 03/30/15 05:41 PM

tbrinks

Thanks. Keep us advised. I haven't been out yet this winter/spring. Will give the chip a try when I do.
Posted by: chinook

Re: Attention Garmin users: Beta test Navionics - 04/06/15 08:52 AM

pm sent