Herb

Posted by: mytequin

Herb - 01/27/15 06:48 PM

Don't Know if you guys heard but Herb Jacobsen passed away a couple weeks ago. If there are Stealhead in heaven I'm sure they have had a rough couple of weeks.
About fifteen years ago my brother and I decided to take a salmon fishing trip to Michigan and the Pere Marquette river. We are from Pennsylvania and trout fishing is mainly stockies. We do have stealhead but the streams are very small and crowded beyond belief.
We booked a float trip through BBT outfitters and learned our guide would be a guy named Herb Jacobsen. For those of you who knew Herb the story could end right here so I'll just say it turned out to be the most amazing, informative, entertaining fishing trip ever taken.
May your rivers be full of chrome and your line always tight my friend
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Herb - 01/27/15 06:55 PM

That was well said............

RIP.....Herb Jacobsen.......
Posted by: Roy Otis

Re: Herb - 01/27/15 10:14 PM

Bummer. My dad and Herb were good friends when Herb lived in Forks. They guided a lot together, fished together and killed a mess of steelhead. Herb spent many a Thanksgiving with us. Herb was one helluva fisherman, fabulous on the sticks. One of the pictures I have in my home of my late father is of him standing in Herb's beautiful wooden drift boat with a chrome steelhead from the Sol Duc. I hope he passed peacefully and may he rest in peace.
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Herb - 01/27/15 10:22 PM

Jacobsen was the Herb that instantly came to mind when I saw the thread title.

Herb joined the fray here at PP ever so briefly a few years back.

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/740804/Re:_Other_rivers_of_a_lost_coa.html#Post740804

Fished with him on the Sol Duc once but that was nearly 20 years ago.

RIP, old timer.