Chehalis river net schedule

Posted by: Met'lheadMatt

Chehalis river net schedule - 01/30/15 11:14 PM

Wow, just looked at the new net schedule for the Chehalis river below the power lines, No netting is good, but this schedule has not been seen since the early 2000's. In on sunday at noon and out on Wed at noon. Four days aweek with free passage.
Thank You Quin for stepping back from the 5 consecutive days in river aweek, and the WDFW, and Chehalis groups involved for helping get Wild fish a fight chance.
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Chehalis river net schedule - 01/30/15 11:39 PM

WOW!
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Chehalis river net schedule - 01/30/15 11:42 PM

Been hearing reports that mainstem Chehalis creel has been lackluster this year... known highliners struggling for scraps.

Might this be the reason for backing off?
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Chehalis river net schedule - 02/03/15 08:56 AM

QIN has indeed backed off the schedules of past years, that is good.

If the Qin would post catches on a weekly basis, then everyone would have a better idea of fish coming thru the system.

Last posting, on WDFW web site, was December 31, 2014

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/commercial/salmon/landings.html
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: Chehalis river net schedule - 02/04/15 06:43 PM

Neat deal. The 5 days/wk they had been doing has frustrated me for years. It's nice to see them back off a bit, though I suspect the reasons for doing so were more financial than motivated by sympathy for sport fishers, especially if the number of fish in the Satsop is any indication of the overall run size.
Posted by: Met'lheadMatt

Re: Chehalis river net schedule - 02/04/15 08:53 PM

Amount of fish in the Satsop. It is just beginning, Broodstock fish comprise 50% of the brood, the other 50% is comprised of the returning Brood offspring. So run timing is more on Par with the wild component, And from what i have experienced it is about on par with the last few years.
The net days went to 5 days aweek, when the scouts where releasing fish, the Collage had a program, we where broodstocking the satsop, with great returns. All of this stopped the numbers dropped, and the netting cut back to reflect the reduced returns, where late coming.....
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Chehalis river net schedule - 02/05/15 11:22 AM

I like the cut back in the netting schedule, good stuff. Good luck,

SZ