portland area fishing?

Posted by: Bobber Downey Jr.

portland area fishing? - 04/02/15 09:16 AM

I will be in portland in a couple weeks, and will have a couple days to fish. According to my map, some nearby (relatively) options include the Kalama, Lewis, Washougal and Wind. I want to fish on the WA side, and am bringing a float rod and steelhead gear. I just want to have a river with good bank access and some fish in it, and any information would be more than I currently have. Can anyone give me some useful info? If its sensitive information, feel free to message me. Thanks!
Posted by: NickD90

Re: portland area fishing? - 04/02/15 09:43 AM

Fish for Springers on the Big C below Portland on the WA side. Lots of bank access. Plunk with heavy lead to hold bottom; a large spin n' glow and sand shrimp.

Re: portland area fishing? - 04/02/15 10:09 AM

I guess I should have specified no plunking. I realize that Columbia springers is whats the main attraction right now, but it doesnt appeal to me. too boring.

Re: portland area fishing? - 04/02/15 10:09 AM

I guess I should have specified no plunking. I realize that Columbia springers is whats the main attraction right now, but it doesnt appeal to me. too boring.
Posted by: fish monger

Re: portland area fishing? - 04/02/15 04:30 PM

This might help to get you going in the right direction:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/state...hing-reports-7/
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: portland area fishing? - 04/02/15 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobber Downey Jr.
I will be in portland in a couple weeks, and will have a couple days to fish. According to my map, some nearby (relatively) options include the Kalama, Lewis, Washougal and Wind. I want to fish on the WA side, and am bringing a float rod and steelhead gear. I just want to have a river with good bank access and some fish in it, and any information would be more than I currently have. Can anyone give me some useful info? If its sensitive information, feel free to message me. Thanks!

I would forget the "WA side", buy a temp license and fish the Sandy (Oxbow Park area) and the Clackamas (Barton Park and McIver Park areas).
Go to Great American Tackle Shop in Clackamas, buy a few things and get some good info from Gary.

So there you have it.

Re: portland area fishing? - 04/03/15 09:31 AM

Thank you direct drive. After looking into it a bit, those rivers are pretty close, and the license is cheaper than i thought. Good bank access? Some steelhead around? Blowout potential? Thanks again.