people fishing the skykomish?

Posted by: cncfish

people fishing the skykomish? - 04/21/15 03:50 PM

Anyone know why there are people out fishing at cracker bar on the sky?

Fish and Game was out aperently issued no tickets. But I didn't see anything about a protest or anything...
Posted by: stonefish

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/21/15 03:55 PM

Humpies must be in........
Posted by: bk paige

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/21/15 08:45 PM

Its about survey time sure there wasn't surveys going on? Plenty of dip shits out there too that just dont know that 1, there is regulations and 2, they need a license. Living on the river I sure would like to fish it, June cant come soon enough!!!
Posted by: Cozmo

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/21/15 10:05 PM

Yeah, I'm really excited to chase those summer kings!...oh wait.
Posted by: Larry B

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/22/15 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Cozmo
Yeah, I'm really excited to chase those summer kings!...oh wait.

oh wait....no in river Chinook fishery because not enough returns projected to provide for increased releases from Wallace AND to provide more eggs to the Tulalips per the MOU. As I recall those additional releases funded by PSRFE funds.

And having asked many times what we get out of that deal (as in, possibly opening 8-2 to marked selective) I was told more hatchery fish in MA 9 diluting impact on ESA wild returns and bolstering the blackmouth fishery. Hmmm, WDFW must have forgotten about that as they were being worked over by the Muckleshoots.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/23/15 07:16 AM

Nah, Larry. WDFW hopes you forgot what they said last year. That was a long time ago and not germane to today, anyway.

Say whatever is necessary to keep a lid on it today. Tomorrow is a clean slate.

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/23/15 07:38 AM

I guess closed seasons don't mean anything anyway if Fish and Game come's to check you and you can still fish....
Posted by: Moravec

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/25/15 10:13 AM

I know that several fly shops host Spey casting clinics on the river in the off season, were they flinging garden hose?
Posted by: Bent Metal

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/25/15 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Moravec
were they flinging garden hose?

Wearing puffy jackets and flat billed hats?

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/25/15 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Bent Metal

Probably was Bantam looking good practicing his game? wink

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/26/15 06:09 AM

@ Moravec
no they were plunking on the bar in sultan and one boat/raft was in the hole above woods creek. The raft looked to be pulling plugs but its hard to tell when you are going 50 up hwy 2.

The raft made me curious, I pulled over for the plunkers, drove home, was going to call it in when the girlfriend said both the local police and fish and game had been out there when she had crossed the bridge earlier.

I could understand a survey team pulling plugs in the raft, cover lots of water and see whats out there, or maybe they were just doing an easy drift in their new boat and what I thought were rods were something else... but plunking? I wouldn't think that would be a good survey method. and they had a fire going not something I see from most fly chuckers, to much work to need a fire.
Posted by: bankbum

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/26/15 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Bent Metal

Probably was Bantam looking good practicing his game? wink

Luis? Looking good?

Never thought I'd live to see the day those words were said in the same sentence.
Posted by: Bantam

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/27/15 07:26 AM

Wasn't me, I don't own a raft yet & I usually practice and conduct classes @Ben Howard take out.... I was out testing my new drifter over the weekend.
Posted by: GodLovesUgly

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/27/15 10:34 AM

Saw them as well.

Looked like a bunch of tweakers plunkin up a storm.

Bout 4 rods out it looked like.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/28/15 08:21 PM

Atlantic salmon pens broke and they headed to the Sky.

Re: people fishing the skykomish? - 04/28/15 09:04 PM

@cncfish... maybe all of the internet huff and puff about taking the out of season fishing ticket finally stuck and a few renegades decided to give it a try, or more likely some good ole boys from the valley that couldn't recall the last time they opened the fishing regs.

@Bantam... just having a little light hearted fun at your expense lol!