G Loomis and Shimano Days!

Posted by: Loomis_Shimano_Rep

G Loomis and Shimano Days! - 04/28/15 05:19 PM

Questions?

Let's try and keep this post clean.

Thanks guys!
Posted by: Bantam

Re: G Loomis and Shimano Days! - 04/29/15 09:59 AM

Those new E6X steelhead/salmon rods are quite nice for the money... I've been field testing the 1005 8-17lb casting. It's a great spoon/drift fishing rod. Weighs next to nothing, it has a very fast action to a heavy duty butt section. Very sensitive & stout for the hardware & drift fisherman's needs.

Also have been testing the 1003 6-12lb spinning. Another fast action rod, not nearly as fast as the 1004. I have been float & jig fishing with it, which is a technique I don't do much. This rod casts very smooth and effortlessly. Side arm cast are a dream for those under the brush casts. This rod loads very nicely upon the hook set, its very crisp with a nice bend throughout the rod. I'm also looking forward to pitching spinners with this rod for summer runs in the next month and the rest of the summer.

It's going to be hard for me to give these rods back....
The GL Rep says they'll be putting the 1003 in the line up as a casting soon... hopefully very soon as summer runs are right around the corner.
Posted by: RognSue

Re: G Loomis and Shimano Days! - 04/29/15 07:30 PM

Whens it come north...time to up grade some old rods ???
Posted by: Nor Cal Drifter

Re: G Loomis and Shimano Days! - 05/02/15 09:19 PM

Can you post the specs for the new E6X Steelhead rods? I'd imagine specs are available if they're going to take pre orders at the Fishermans event in a couple weeks...
Posted by: zueth

Re: G Loomis and Shimano Days! - 05/05/15 08:42 AM

Can you bring in any brand of fishing rod for trade in or does it need to be a G Loomis?

Re: G Loomis and Shimano Days! - 05/07/15 06:46 PM

You can bring in any brand of fishing rod. It can be a barbie rod, $19 walmart special, or a Kenai Kwik you don't like. Just as long as it's in good, working condition, we will accept it.

Re: G Loomis and Shimano Days! - 05/07/15 06:48 PM

We can't post the specs for the new E6X rods yet. Details about the rods will come via the G Loomis Facebook page. Once they get announced there, I will post them up here!