Area 11 King Report

Posted by: fishenfool

Area 11 King Report - 07/30/15 08:09 PM

Been out of town since July 1rst and be home tomorrow. Talked with a few friends and not much going on the king front at 3 tree and Tacoma from what I heard. What's going on with you? Anxious to get my boat in the water at DesMoines. Did the Glacier Nat'l Park, Yellowstone, Henry's Lake and Lake Owyhee and river thing. Sitting at KOA on Yak in Ellensburg today, 99* here. I will be fishing 3 tree or Beals Sunday.,,..
Posted by: Bay wolf

Re: Area 11 King Report - 07/31/15 09:49 AM

Plied the waters from Browns point up to Redondo. Targeted Kings, Pinks.

Saw zip, zilch, nada, big ol goose egg. Saw several other boats and guys along the shore, and even saw a Charter boat. What we didn't see was a single net fly. No action on shore. Heck, the guys off of the dock at Dash weren't even catching.

So, the quick answer is: SLOW and HOT!
Posted by: Terry Roth

Re: Area 11 King Report - 07/31/15 10:52 PM

Fished Gig Hrbor this AM----nuttin, nada, no love. About 40 boats at Point Defiance, the usual cluster****. Heard of 2 caught at the Point yesterday, but slow slow slow today.
Posted by: chrome/22

Re: Area 11 King Report - 08/03/15 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Myassisdragon
Then it happened - The first pods of chrome brite Pink salmon started to roll all along the rip. Pulling all the trolling gear out, and switching over to the UL spinning gear and mini jigs, we motored up the rip about a 1/4 mile, cut the motor and drifted through.

Bam, fish on and the first batch of Pinks began to fill the cooler

Nice work brother, kill em while their chrome & cold.

It's going to get nasty fast when they move into the rivers
Posted by: luckydogss

Re: Area 11 King Report - 08/03/15 04:57 PM

My daughter caught a bunch of pinks fishing the PSA derby on Saturday. She entered the biggest she kept and actually took second for the kids and placed high enough on the adult side to get a trip to the prize table. I've won prizes at derbies in the past but never took home any cash. That was a very valuable pink!

We released a bunch of pinks at Three tree, they were thick on the north side. We fished Beals and Robinson, never saw another pink on that side.

Even though fishing was less than stellar( at least for kings) that derby was a lot of fun. They made my daughter feel like a superstar from the weigh in to the prize ceremony. I never expected at the end of the day she would be looking over the derby schedule telling me which she wants to fish. That's one of those priceless moments for which I'm very grateful!