Summer Crab CRC Reminder

Posted by: Larry B

Summer Crab CRC Reminder - 09/07/15 11:11 PM

Summer season is over and before you forget.....take the time to either mail in your CRC(s) or report electronically at: fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov. If you report electronically be sure to print the confirmation page and retain until you purchase your 2016 Puget Sound crab endorsement as proof of timely reporting.

Failure to report by 01 Oct 2015 will add $10.00 to your 2016 endorsement.
Posted by: slabhunter

Re: Summer Crab CRC Reminder - 09/14/15 04:37 PM

Save yourself $10 by reporting.

https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/puget_sound_crab_catch.html

You can save a stamp by clicking the link in the upper right corner.

Re: Summer Crab CRC Reminder - 09/14/15 05:07 PM

Just take a screen shot, Alt+PrtScr. Paste- Copy and give your confirmation a name in Paint. Then save... 2cents

Re: Summer Crab CRC Reminder - 09/27/15 05:01 AM

Bump ttt for those who wait for the last minute to report.

Save ten dollars by reporting online...
Posted by: GutZ

Re: Summer Crab CRC Reminder - 09/30/15 06:54 PM

LAST CHANCE!
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: Summer Crab CRC Reminder - 10/01/15 11:37 AM

Just a little FYI on crab reporting, the penalty only lasts through the next season, so if you ever forget to report, the $10.00 charge is only in effect for the next season, after that I've been told by WDFW staff it will go away and you can get a card without penalty for not reporting in the prior season. I am not certain if this applies for summer to winter, or if the rule applies from one year to the next.
Posted by: Larry B

Re: Summer Crab CRC Reminder - 10/01/15 02:43 PM

Pretty sure that if you failed to submit your summer 2015 CRC timely the $10.00 penalty is applied to your 2016 license (since the 2015 winter CRC is issued w/o cost).

Hadn't thought about how skipping a year would affect the penalty. I do know that if you skip a year WDFW considers you a "new" crabber for statistical purposes when you purchase your license. That goes to their report that roughly 30% of crabbers each year are "new" to the sport supporting the ongoing educational efforts.