A day one the water out of Everett.

Posted by: Sebastes

A day one the water out of Everett. - 10/04/15 09:14 PM

Sunday the 4th of October was a beautiful day to be on the water in area 9 and 10. Silvers seemed to be missing in our attempts and those that the fisn checker told us abought when we came in around noon.
He told us he had checked 25 boats and recorded 25 Silvers which is pretty slim catches when one figures an average of two to three anglers per boat out on the water.

For me it was a family outing which I recorded on my cameras so it was a successful day in my mind.

Here's a photo montage of the day.
Posted by: Sebastes

Re: A day one the water out of Everett. - 10/04/15 09:38 PM

BTW, my soon to be 18 year old grand-daughter has her boating safety card and is a top deck hand for her Dad. Even through I am grand-fathered in, I started the class out of curiosity and I can say it is a good idea and can require hours of online time to complete.

When I was driving back to Monroe through Lowell, I stopped at the Rotary Park ramp. There was some sort of speed boat event that was going on.

There were two rigs blocking the access road at the ramp, instead of using the lane for getting a boat ready to launch. I was held up for about ten minutes before they moved to launch. I was a bit dismayed that they had family groups get out of their rigs and get into the boats with several children. None of them were fitted with life jackets when they were seated in the boats.

I doubt that they have registered with boat safety cards from their disregard to boat ramp procedures. It is a good reason for boaters to be required to take these safety classes as ignorance is no excuse.

That's my rant for the day.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: A day one the water out of Everett. - 10/05/15 05:14 AM

It was slow on a Whidbey beach on Friday. Nice family and nice pics.
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: A day one the water out of Everett. - 10/05/15 05:50 AM

"Sunday the 4th of October was a beautiful day to be on the water in area 9 and 10."

Sometimes its not about the catching/fishing, family and nice weather......nicely done on the pictures....
Posted by: GutZ

Re: A day one the water out of Everett. - 10/06/15 11:32 AM

Where is the like button? wink