Satsop Shuttle

Posted by: Cozmo

Satsop Shuttle - 10/07/15 03:05 PM

Does anyone have contact information for a shuttle service on the Satsop?
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/07/15 03:57 PM

What you looking to float down it? I ask because there are several spots below the West Fork confluence that I had to drag a pontoon boat over last week, and I imagine it's worse upstream. It's also noteworthy that there were very few salmon around above the highway bridge. The rain we're getting should help both issues, but we'll need a good inch or two to bring it up to reasonable floating levels, so keep an eye on the flows.

The only shuttle I know of is a guy named Mick. If nobody else does first, I'll post his number later (when I find his card).

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/07/15 04:33 PM

Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/08/15 04:11 PM

Yeah....Mick.Good luck,

SZ
Posted by: J. T. Piscator

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/08/15 06:40 PM

I am also looking for a shuttle after the depth increases. I had the same problem last week with my pontoon boat (and saw quite a bit of paint on the rocks from DB's as I was walking my pontoon thru the shallows).

Is Mick reliable? (PM if you have info to share that you don't want to publish).

Thanks,
J
Posted by: eswan

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/08/15 08:03 PM

Mick is a great guy and provides a top notch service. Iv used him many times before getting the sled. We drifted it thr end of Sept when it was around 400 and had no problem getting around and didn't drag at all.

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/13/15 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: eswan
Mick is a great guy and provides a top notch service. Iv used him many times before getting the sled. We drifted it thr end of Sept when it was around 400 and had no problem getting around and didn't drag at all.

Thanks for the information. Has anyone floated from Schafer recently? Any logs or obstructions after that last blast of water? I'm thinking about floating it for the first time later this week, so any tips/warnings would be much appreciated.

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/13/15 02:52 PM

I wouldn't put in at Schafer. The logjam that was there last season blew out, but a new one formed right below it. Looks like you could get through there with a bit (maybe a lot) of dragging, but I don't think the two holes above Decker Creek are worth the effort, personally. Granted, I don't know what the float from the Decker put-in to the Satsop looks like now....

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/13/15 03:47 PM

Put in at west fork and float to fuller. It's been dead though even with that bit of rain.

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/13/15 04:00 PM

Is it easy to back row up river to Fuller?

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/13/15 04:52 PM

Yeah its not bad at all.

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/13/15 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: eswan
Yeah its not bad at all.

PROVIDED you arrive at the mouth on the incoming tide, it's pretty easy. Otherwise, you might make it, but easy won't be the word you choose to describe the experience. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it at any point outside the last 2-3 hours of incoming tide. Plan your float accordingly. If the tides aren't right, I'd plan to take out at the highway ramp. That's a short float from the West Fork, but as eswan said, the fishing upstream of that point probably isn't worth the effort right now, and there's enough good water to keep you busy for at least a few hours down there. No hazards I can recall.

Re: Satsop Shuttle - 10/17/15 06:43 PM

Just left the river. Floated from the west fork to fuller. Fishing was slow and spotty. The back row from the mouth to fuller was one hell of a way to wrap up the day.