They walk among us

Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

They walk among us - 10/09/15 11:25 AM

Hard to believe clowns are still hoisting them out of the water.

http://www.graysharbortalk.com/2015/10/01/fishing-tips-grays-harbor/
Posted by: TedR

Re: They walk among us - 10/09/15 12:05 PM

Hard to believe you are surprised.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: They walk among us - 10/09/15 12:06 PM

First off, I'm very disappointed this thread wasn't about zombies. What a let down.

Secondly, as the article clearly states, Trevor is an avid fly fisherman. It is OK for any fly fisherman (avid or not) to hold a steelhead, salmon, or trout out of the water. If anything, that can't be any worse than a released beached gut hooked hatchery king, right?

Queuing up rebuttals from Fear_no_Fish and On The Swing in

Wait for it.......

Almost there.............

Like removing fish out of the water..........

PS. As one who has a degree in Fisheries Sciences, I'm often perplexed at how the salmonids of our Northern Friends (Canadia and Alaska) don't seem to be effected at all by any degree of releasing and out of water standards. I mean, I see fish being held out of the water ALL THE TIME in photos from Canadia and Alaska....by the same guides and fisherman who live and fish in Washington and Oregon.
Just find it a bit odd that it's apparently not healthy and good for fish down here but OK up there. Must be a DSMFer thing for the fish and fisherman.

Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: They walk among us - 10/09/15 03:16 PM

Hard to believe someone would write and publish an article as generally unuseful as that. Looks like it's promoting a fly shop with spinning rods, probably a good fit in Gray's Harbor.

As for holding to-be-released-fish-out-of-water, see it all the time. I think Paker even did it. Once.
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: They walk among us - 10/09/15 06:39 PM

It's a good ploy to divide fishermen, create in fighting. I've followed the law and had to release dead fish and I've not followed it (unsafe or impractical)and released healthy fish. Most everyone on this board, I believe care about the fish as a resource and hate that unintentional mortality sucks. No law can reduce that, or even minimize it enough considering various factors. Bitching about this guy or anyone else outside of the egregious violations is petty. Im
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: They walk among us - 10/09/15 07:02 PM

A spinner fisherman posing as a fly guy?
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: They walk among us - 10/10/15 08:08 AM

Known Treavor for a while. Complete tard.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: They walk among us - 10/10/15 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Known Treavor for a while. Complete tard.

Nice to learn that things eventually do add up.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: They walk among us - 10/10/15 06:34 PM

Yeah, not a friend, just an acquaintance. Worked for me a few times on projects and I fished with him a few times. While I'm an okay fisherman and certainly not a pro, I can fish circles around him.
Posted by: kalamageo

Re: They walk among us - 10/11/15 12:03 PM

I guess I was a proof reader in another life. And I don't mean for spelling. These are just a few things that stood out to me.

Let's see..... 8 pounds and 22"

Smaller crowds near Schaffer??

Schafer IS on the East Fork, and has one F

At least the first recommendation from all the "local experts" is for everyone to head to DiCKER CREEK. Suckers..............

Is this an AD for The Dennis Company?
Did they Sponser this dude?

Why would anyone put out little fisheries on the internet?
I don't know Black Creek but if there are locals that do, they probably are a little irritated.

Why why why. would any guide let that picture out in an AD for his service. That picture may well have been taken before the rule change but it WILL create hostility amongst the troops. I personally would NEVER use this guy for that very reason.

Parker,

While you may have an applicable degree, please quote source material for the contention that holding a fish out of water, does them no harm. Specifically steelhead. Not the anecdotal stuff
( I didn't see any floaters afterwards )
but the actual peer reviewed stuff. I asked for this material from several bios a few years ago and got "related" studies but nothing about actual steelhead.

I kept getting stuff about browns and char, but not PNW steel. Most reviews were Canadian. I don't have the degree but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so you can use big words in your reply.
Posted by: Swifty27

Re: They walk among us - 10/12/15 07:41 AM

Originally Posted By: paker
First off, I'm very disappointed this thread wasn't about zombies. What a let down.

I was expecting a 50lb spawned-out king. Equally disappointed.
Posted by: RM1 Doc

Re: They walk among us - 10/17/15 10:42 AM

I'm not a guide. Never even played one on tv. But doesn't it kinda cut into your business, and piss off the locals, by recommending fishing spots for newbies to try?