Lake WA Crawfishing?

Posted by: pugetsoundsailor

Lake WA Crawfishing? - 05/17/16 09:11 AM

Hey All-

With all the craziness around salmon seasons this year and the closure of lake WA & Sammamish to all fishing - does anyone know if crawfishing is included in the closure?

The kids love combining soaking a few pots & getting pulled around on a tube.. Wondering if we can even do that right now.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Lake WA Crawfishing? - 05/17/16 09:31 AM

Crawfish permits? We don't need to stinkin' Crawfish permits!

I don't know if its legal or not, but if the state thinks a King is gonna swim into a 2" mudbug trap opening, then the show really is all over.

I say do it. If you get a ticket, take it straight to court and sue. If you don't get a ticket, well at least you had fun right? Screw em'. But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.
Posted by: geljockey

Re: Lake WA Crawfishing? - 05/18/16 07:34 AM

Yes, crawfishing is included in the closure. If a lake or other body of water is closed to fishing for all species or listed as a "closed waters", then it is also closed to the harvesting of crawfish. If you look at page 134 in the fishing regs, the area is "ALL OPEN WATERS." Lake Washington is not an open water right now.
Posted by: Irie

Re: Lake WA Crawfishing? - 05/22/16 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: NickD90
Crawfish permits? We don't need to stinkin' Crawfish permits!

I don't know if its legal or not, but if the state thinks a King is gonna swim into a 2" mudbug trap opening, then the show really is all over.

I say do it. If you get a ticket, take it straight to court and sue. If you don't get a ticket, well at least you had fun right? Screw em'. But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

Fishing is fishing in closed water, Mr. Shiddy Advice Guy.

When you get your El Cheapo Shrimp traps, snip the wires around the entrance rings and toss the entrance rings. Then take an empty beer bottle and push through the hole to bore it open slightly larger. This lets the big'uns in. Keeper length is roughly as long as a my middle finger. ',!,,