Skeena Help

Posted by: rapidflow9

Skeena Help - 09/09/16 06:58 PM

So I am headed back to the skeena tribe for two weeks in mid october. I am looking for some general direction on where to fish on the 3 weekend days I have. In the past have driven over to the tribe on the Nass system. Was hoping someone might point me in the general direction of something closer to the smithers/new hazleton area. any suggestions either here or through PM would be greatly appreciaited
Posted by: eddie

Re: Skeena Help - 09/09/16 08:20 PM

A lot of the tribs of the Skeena have Canadian only rules on at least some weekends. It would be good to check the regs. There are (or at least were) some tribs downriver on the road to Rupert that were open on the weekends. I envy you!
Posted by: sleestak

Re: Skeena Help - 09/11/16 11:25 AM

Easy answer, read up:
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1517/fishing_synopsis_2015-17_region6.pdf

If anybody has a spot that is a viable location for NRAs on weekends they sure as hell aren't going to put it up here...every NRA within a 150 mile radius will be descending upon it like a locust swarm, rendering it useless.

The Nass system is the typical option...along with some stretches of the Skeena...nobody is going to hand you locations on the Skeena though, that's closely guarded information.