Weston 2300 vac packer

Posted by: fp

Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/17/16 09:05 PM

A while back we had a post about a Weston vacpacker. I bought a Pro 2300 packer and thought it was a good one.

After doing a few bags I now think it is a piece of junk and am going to return it. Over 400 bucks and is not as good as my old worn out Foodsaver that I quit using when getting the 2300.

What packer can I now buy in the 400 buck price now? Never be a Weston again.

fp
Posted by: jason m

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/17/16 10:10 PM

I got this one this earlier this year...
https://www.vacmasterfresh.com/vacmaster-pro350-professional-vacuum-sealer-12-seal-bar/

very happy with it. it is heavy duty, so no good for travel, but seems built to last.

you can adjust both the pressure of suckage and seal time - which I like a lot.

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/17/16 10:50 PM

Looks good. I'll see what happens when I return mine next week.

Thanks Jason m

fp

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/17/16 11:02 PM

Found the post where I actually liked the Weston.

Things now has changed.
fp

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/945287/Re:_Food_Saver/_sealer_-_recom.html#Post945287
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/18/16 06:01 AM

I remember that post......"things now have changed"

I like Food Saver, just have to clean the rubber gaskets.......or like I did, bought new ones......sealer does what I want it to do......
Posted by: Brewer

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/18/16 11:53 AM

When I clicked on the link above. My Groupon notice popped up. 15% off.

Just saying, check it out.
Posted by: fishbadger

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/18/16 11:11 PM

Why's your Weston suck Fred? Or maybe the problem is that it DOESN'T suck?

By the way, thanks for the yami drain tube and fitting last month,

fb

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/19/16 08:21 AM

Doesn't suck enough and seals before it is supposed too. When I got it I thought it needed to suck a bit more but went with it.

Now it seals way before the suck is done. Gonna try to return it this week and buy something else. I was gone for 6 weeks fishing and had to bring out my old foodmaster that is marginal but worked better than this POS Weston.

Will post my success's or failures soon.

Thanks for yer help earlier but glad I didn't tear into it at that time.

And, glad ya like the Yamaha oil drain tube. They work,

fp
Posted by: RognSue

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/19/16 08:33 AM

Have a year on our vacmaster pro 350 without any issues, I'd give it a thumbs up... Still have the "ol foodsaver " for road trips. wink
Posted by: fishbadger

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/19/16 10:54 AM

The fix in that old thread, where you block off the tube and disable the vacuum sensor, would fix your problem.

That said, it sounds like you don't want to deal with it, so I hope you find something that sucks more. Good luck!

fb
Posted by: SeaDNA

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/19/16 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: fishbadger
The fix in that old thread, where you block off the tube and disable the vacuum sensor, would fix your problem.

That said, it sounds like you don't want to deal with it, so I hope you find something that sucks more. Good luck!

Brian

Yes - that fix will solve your problem. I had the same issue with the Weston when I first bought it but after the fix, I love it. I've had mine for several years now and it's never failed me. Replacement parts (if you need them) are readily available. I replaced the rubber seals once. I never liked the units that autoseal. I'd much rather have full control.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/19/16 12:29 PM

I wonder how many times I've posted this? One more won't hurt......

http://www.dougcare.com/foodstorage/homeequip.htm

I've had their vac-paker for...oh...at least 10 years now and it still rocks. Get whatever suits your needs and/or budget.

EDIT: Looks like DougCare offers the same unit as FB mentions, but rebranded. Not what I ordered many moons ago.

Bummer. I'd go with the fixes mentioned above.
Posted by: SeaDNA

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/19/16 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: paker
I wonder how many times I've posted this? One more won't hurt......

http://www.dougcare.com/foodstorage/homeequip.htm

I've had their vac-paker for...oh...at least 10 years now and it still rocks. Get whatever suits your needs and/or budget.

Which one? The Pro 2300 looks to be identical to a Weston unit. E.g. I bet they are made by the same company.

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/19/16 04:06 PM

That 2300 model looks exactly like mine that paker posted. It says I can manually set the suck time? Anybody now how?

Mebbe somehow I set the suck time to not enough?

fp
Posted by: snit

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/20/16 07:37 AM

[quote=RognSue]Have a year on our vacmaster pro 350 without any issues, I'd give it a thumbs up... Still have the "ol foodsaver " for road trips. wink [/quote

Have the 350 as well...very pleased. Had a Cabelas unit before the 3500...lasted 2 packages and went to [Bleeeeep!]..returned it and went Weston. Sorry yours "sucks"! I hear your frustration
Posted by: Idaho Mike

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/20/16 12:09 PM

Been happy with my Cabelas Commercial Vacu Pack. It was on sale a couple of weeks ago.
Posted by: spokey9

Re: Weston 2300 vac packer - 09/20/16 01:24 PM

I picked up the Weston pro 350 earlier this year and love it. I use mine a lot and never had any issues. Plus that thing is built like a tank.