Need pontoon help

Posted by: escapee

Need pontoon help - 07/15/17 09:15 AM

I picked up a small pontoon boat, I think it's like one of those sold at Costco in the last few months. It's missing the two bars that are the footrests. I can't for the life of me find where to buy replacements, online or anywhere.
Also a slow leak on one tube, do I use a pvc repair kit or hypalon?
Thanks
Posted by: eswan

Re: Need pontoon help - 07/16/17 07:14 PM

I wouldn't think they're made of hypalon. Pvc is most common on cheap boats.
Posted by: Swifty27

Re: Need pontoon help - 07/17/17 10:09 AM

Best bet for the foot rests may be to buy some conduit and a bender.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Need pontoon help - 07/17/17 04:24 PM

I believe those toons are made by Classic Accessories.
https://classicaccessories.com/fish/inflatable-pontoon-boats

Might be worth a call to see if they have the foot rests as well as what they recommend to patch it.

Good luck,
SF
Posted by: TyeeMatt

Re: Need pontoon help - 07/21/17 10:19 AM

My buddy and I owned about five of those pontoons over the years while we were learning and couldn't afford something better. We bought all of them on craigslist from a guy who worked for Classic Accessories at the time and sold them to us cheap. My point is...buy another one, even a used one on craigslist. We used our extra ones for parts at times when we needed them (or to lend to friends who wanted to see what this fishing thing was all about). All the parts/frame components were interchangeable between the model years and having the parts saved our butts a few times. They are not well made, but if you take care of them they'll last a few years. Dry and WD40 the frame connections after each trip...they like to rust.