Where are area 11 Silvers

Posted by: fishenfool

Where are area 11 Silvers - 09/21/17 08:58 AM

Fished around the Puyallup River Mouth yesterday and no Silvers, any body catching any? fished one day last week around Pt. Robinson and Redondo but all I caught was shakers and lots of seaweed. Any body catching fish in Tacoma? Have my boat at Tyee Marina til end of month.
Posted by: Jake Dogfish

Re: Where are area 11 Silvers - 09/22/17 07:26 AM

Got one about 6# last night out of the float tube.
Caught a smaller one off the beach 2 weeks ago.
Several trips in between been slow.
Posted by: Mukl

Re: Where are area 11 Silvers - 09/23/17 09:20 PM

Out this morning and still saw at least a half dozen caught. No rhyme nor reason. In fact, we had two to the boat around 7:30 then crickets until 10:30 when we ran into a 8.5 lb hook nose.

Overall we've been catching coho for the last month and a half.

Now they're spread out between Redondo, the buoy just outside Quartermaster and the slag pile.

Depths seem to be between 40-90. I've seen them caught on everything you can imagine.

I don't think this is any secret...just find the boats.
Posted by: fishenfool

Re: Where are area 11 Silvers - 09/28/17 09:21 AM

fished across from Browns point at Pifer pt. and picked up a small silver and had a bigger one that sprung the DR release but never saw it. Caught lots of shakers on Cop car Coho killer then fished the channel to Bouy at QM... that was yesterday day, Tuesday fished Tacoma and nothing...
Posted by: SaltyDawg27

Re: Where are area 11 Silvers - 09/28/17 05:31 PM

Got 11 pound hooknose and 6 pounder just south of alki. Marking tons of fish. 90 to 100 ft down in 150 ft of water.
Posted by: Terry Roth

Re: Where are area 11 Silvers - 10/03/17 05:04 PM

Nothing but 8- 12 inch shakers. Fished the Puyallup bay Monday, nada, then Dalco, more nada, then trolled all the way from Browns POint to Piner point, every time I brought up my hoochie (fished frmo 40 to 80 feet) had a little shaker.
Posted by: Get Bent

Re: Where are area 11 Silvers - 10/03/17 05:20 PM

Most all are clipped kings as well. Hope to see them in 2020.