Ready or not, FISH on the move!!!

Posted by: DrifterWA

Ready or not, FISH on the move!!! - 10/18/17 08:32 PM

beer

Well, here the fish go, from NO WATER to more than enough to get them moving up the tributaries or up to the head waters.

I can't speak for Humptulips cause I spend 0 time over there but on the Chehalis side, I'm thinking "the flats below Fuller Bridge" will have a lot less fish.....that's good for conservation and hatchery stock.

Fishing won't be the same, less fish will stack up.....way to many boats, people, in a short stretch of river.

Enjoy the rest of the season.....QIN has been netting, NT start on 10/30 and 10/31, then 10/30 and 31, last November 6 - 8
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Ready or not, FISH on the move!!! - 10/18/17 09:03 PM

Hoping for just enough of a reprieve on the back side of this freshet to actually enjoy some of those fish on the move.
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: Ready or not, FISH on the move!!! - 10/19/17 05:46 AM

I was expecting to find pods moving up yesterday, so I checked the Chehalis side tribs. I fished until about 4, and as of that time, it was still not happening. Bet they got moving last night. Of course, gillnets from Aberdeen to Montesano might have pinched off the firehose pretty good....

I'd day the Tribe chose their few days either wisely or with a tremendous amount of good fortune this year.
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: Ready or not, FISH on the move!!! - 10/19/17 08:44 AM

The fishing has been fine, but fishing the same places over and over has been getting boring! I am looking forward to getting out to different water and especially to getting away from the crowd.
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: Ready or not, FISH on the move!!! - 10/19/17 02:11 PM

The tribs haven't been crowded... With anglers or fish. I suspect there will be lots of both around today.

My next real fishing day is Monday. Really hoping we don't get as much rain Sat. as is forecast, but hey, we have to get it sometime..
Posted by: thaxor

Re: Ready or not, FISH on the move!!! - 10/21/17 07:41 PM

I'm bank bound and looked for fish from Independence rd down to minkler. They must be somewhere in there but i didn't find them. Lower satsop launch had plenty of rigs.