Wild Steelhead Hustler???

Posted by: Streamer

Wild Steelhead Hustler??? - 02/14/18 01:14 PM

Has anyone seen Jack Mackeral Seafood's Facebook page lately? They are putting up a lot of pictures/hyping up wild steelhead harvested on the Olympic Peninsula. They also seem to embrace/condone the killing of wild steelhead by purchasing them from the tribes for commercial sale. I tried to reach them over private message to discuss things with them, but thy have not returned my message. They look like they are based out of Clallam Bay and are selling to a lot of Port Angeles and Seattle restaurants.
Posted by: Jake Dogfish

Re: Wild Steelhead Hustler??? - 02/14/18 01:27 PM

computer

Surprised at all the positive comments. I don’t facebook but I hope somebody sets them straight.
Posted by: paguy

Re: Wild Steelhead Hustler??? - 02/14/18 09:25 PM

Just read the Thompson river article, And change the river to Olympic peninsula. THE END.
Posted by: fishenfool

Re: Wild Steelhead Hustler??? - 02/15/18 09:20 AM

Rick Polumbo is owner of Jack Mackeral Seafood, He went to Highline High School in Burien, He has lived in Sekui for 40 plus years, owned the Hardware Store there and then went into the Seafood business years ago, Sales Salmon, Halibut and steelhead caught by the local tribes to various restaurants, I didn't think that wild Steelies could be sold....I will copy the post and send it to him on FB
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Wild Steelhead Hustler??? - 02/15/18 03:03 PM

Checked out the FB page. Disgusting.
Posted by: paguy

Re: Wild Steelhead Hustler??? - 02/15/18 07:41 PM

And he is just one of the dozens of fish buyers out here on the peninsula buying wild steelhead daily.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Wild Steelhead Hustler??? - 02/16/18 08:59 AM

I highly doubt the fish monger will stop pushing wild fish as long as restaurants are willing to buy them. Find out which establishments are buying the fish and apply pressure there. I think any restaurant, having direct interaction w/ consumers, would be more prone to pressure than a small wholesaler or middle man would be.
Posted by: GPS

Re: Wild Steelhead Hustler??? - 02/16/18 09:06 AM

Those pics are pretty disgusting.

And the comments.
Posted by: Jake Dogfish

Re: Wild Steelhead Hustler??? - 02/20/18 05:46 PM

One place they end up:
http://www.foodspotting.com/places/438-t...d-steelhead-roe