Did anyone lose a silver Mepps (maybe) spinner?

Posted by: JTD

Did anyone lose a silver Mepps (maybe) spinner? - 03/18/18 05:51 PM

To a fish on the Wynoochee recently?
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Did anyone lose a silver Mepps (maybe) spinner? - 03/18/18 07:04 PM

Dibs. wink
Posted by: Snake Pliskin

Re: Did anyone lose a silver Mepps (maybe) spinner? - 03/18/18 07:14 PM

Treble or siwash?
Posted by: JTD

Re: Did anyone lose a silver Mepps (maybe) spinner? - 03/18/18 10:10 PM

Not sure but I’d guess a siwash. The spinner was on the left side of its mouth as it swam by us up by CarterCreek.

The fish looked fine but left me wondering how long it’d been swimming around like that.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Did anyone lose a silver Mepps (maybe) spinner? - 03/19/18 06:58 AM

Years ago I saw c collection of gear hanging on a wall in a WB hatchery. All collected from adults they spawned. Kinda dangerous grabbing a fish with your hands. It was most of an office wall.....
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Did anyone lose a silver Mepps (maybe) spinner? - 03/19/18 08:12 AM

In the "hay day" of people using plugs in the Chehalis river, late 80's and into the 90's, I'd put in at South Montesano, during a low tide and check all the snags from the launch up river to just around the lower "pump house".

At one time I had over 500 plugs, lot's of Flash Glo's, trolling rudders....well every kind of gear that was used at that time.

Garage sales, individual sales to other fishermen have gotten rid of most of them......anyone want/need Mag Warts???? Probably 40+ of those left, most of them the original STORM Brand.
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: Did anyone lose a silver Mepps (maybe) spinner? - 03/19/18 06:06 PM

My guess is the spinner is stolen from Walmart and it was tied to old rotten line.