WDFW survey

Posted by: Carcassman

WDFW survey - 08/09/18 04:42 PM

Just got a WDFW survey passed on to me. Apparently it is about public land in the State, who is responsible for what, and what should WDFW lands provide. I did not find a single question that included hunting or fishing as an activity on those lands. Might want to check out their website and provide input.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: WDFW survey - 08/10/18 06:44 AM

I just took the survey. It is an awful survey. Not only is the formatting completely horrendous, but based on the questions asked - it really does looks like the WDFW wants to change their charter. They've all but ruined hunting and fishing in this state through their mismanagement, but now it appears they want to play Park Ranger.

Fish and Wildlife. It says so right in the name.
Posted by: Bay wolf

Re: WDFW survey - 08/10/18 07:29 AM

A simple sit down discussion with Ron Warren, and an observation of the "good ol boy" construct that is the leadership of WDFW will immediately provide the reason our state is the leader in Fuc7ed up resource management.

Ball less, suck ups who cater to influence and slap each other on the backs to convince themselves they are doing a great job.

Add to that the "fish mafia" and their untiring efforts to writhe through their dirty deals with only self interest in recognition as the ultimate goal, and it is clear that without an entire house cleaning effort, our sport, our fish and our access to pubic lands are doomed. It's just a matter of time.
Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: WDFW survey - 08/10/18 11:19 AM

We need more hatcheries and we need more hatchery fish.
Posted by: Swifty27

Re: WDFW survey - 08/10/18 01:52 PM

I'm happy to see others thought the same as I did while filling it out. I just kept checking "Provide access" anytime I could. I was a little confused about the "maintaining family traditions" options. Does that mean fishing?
Posted by: NickD90

Re: WDFW survey - 08/10/18 02:35 PM

You totally don't need to worry about that Swifty. That doesn't apply to you / me / us.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: WDFW survey - 08/10/18 02:51 PM

My cynical guess is that "maintaining family traditions" is the Politically Correct codewords for "hunting".