MA 10 Kings to Close Friday?

Posted by: RUNnGUN

MA 10 Kings to Close Friday? - 08/15/18 06:33 PM

Heard quota super close and PS 10 to close tomorrow @ midnight? Can anyone verify? My buddies have been drinking after another good day and I don't know if they are rubbing it in or not.
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: MA 10 Kings to Close Friday? - 08/15/18 07:11 PM

Truth!

Personally looking forward to coho anyways at this point
Posted by: stonefish

Re: MA 10 Kings to Close Friday? - 08/15/18 07:11 PM

Easy to find on WDFW’s website.
SF

https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efishrules/erule.jsp?id=2186
Posted by: Larry B

Re: MA 10 Kings to Close Friday? - 08/15/18 10:45 PM

Just received confirmation of MA 10 closure as of 12:01 A.M. Friday, 17 August.

Edit: MA 11 not only remains open for hatchery Chinook it goes to 2 a day effective Friday 12:00 A.M.
Posted by: RUNnGUN

Re: MA 10 Kings to Close Friday? - 08/16/18 03:39 PM

Done. Thanks. Was a good run for kings in 9 and 10. Glad to see good numbers when runs were suppose to be dismal according to forecasts. I think Coho is gonna be a good one also. Good Luck!
Posted by: Ward

Re: MA 10 Kings to Close Friday? - 08/16/18 07:26 PM

I'm no fan of cutting the season short but I am thankful for good fishing in 2018. There's still time to fish Area11 and drop down into Area 13 on occasion. Add that to what looks to be a good Coho season still in Area 10 plus a terminal fishery and we're in a year that will be remembered fondly.
Posted by: ned

Re: MA 10 Kings to Close Friday? - 08/17/18 10:26 AM

Yes, a great run in volume, with the majority of catch seeming to be a bit smaller, 8-12 lb range for us. Yesterday appeared really slow for kings at Kingston, with the parking lot stilll full at 1:00. Looked like the fish were moving out anyway...hopefully they'll hit Area 11 for you guys down south!

Bring on the cohos! I put 2 in the box so far.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: MA 10 Kings to Close Friday? - 08/19/18 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Truth!

Personally looking forward to coho anyways at this point

Yep, I prefer Coho over King for eating. Much leaner and more abundant. Not to mention Silvers aerial stunts. Good luck.
Posted by: GodLovesUgly

Re: MA 10 Kings to Close Friday? - 08/20/18 10:05 AM

It's a shame it closed so soon, there were some LARGE chinook starting to regularly make an appearance in the mix at the popular 10 haunts...

That said there are some coho around and there have been some willing biters. Looks like it could be a sweet silver season, FINALLY!