MHX steelhead blanks?

Posted by: DEA

MHX steelhead blanks? - 09/08/18 06:25 PM

Hey fellas, any one have a MHX steelhead blank built up in spinning format for side drifting, float or bobber dog?

How do you like it?

Any comparison to other blanks?

Thx
Posted by: Chum Man

Re: MHX steelhead blanks? - 09/10/18 03:52 AM

I've thought about trying them, but lately i haven't really had the itch to build any rods the past couple years. with angler's workshop gone, i don't really have anywhere left to go to play with blanks any more.

i do believe that they were designed with help from a former lamiglas employee, and judging by the dimensions on some of the blanks, seem to be similar to some of the G1000 rods.
Posted by: Mukl

Re: MHX steelhead blanks? - 09/14/18 09:27 AM

I feel your pain around Angler's...so I've been focusing on Mudhole, Greg's, Get Bit outdoors, and Angler's online.

I've made a few MHX blanks and they seem stout enough.

Regarding their Salmon/Steelhead blanks, they seem fine...but with some of the closeouts on the Lamiglas sight you might find something at a great price.
Posted by: Spoonplugger1

Re: MHX steelhead blanks? - 09/24/18 10:37 PM

Todd Vivian, the former rod designer for Lamiglas was hired by Mudhole and about a year later MHX blanks came out. Originally the light powered long rods had some failures, but when myself and others were asking about particulars only one was a head scratcher. I myself have had no problems with any of the blanks. and none of the med light and heavier blanks seem to have had any problems over the years. No one I'm aware of has had a warranty problem, or poor customer service from Mudhole.