Green R. Rule Change

Posted by: RUNnGUN

Green R. Rule Change - 06/14/19 05:09 PM

Hmm. Scratching my head on this one? If their is little access than why does it matter? If I had property there I would be asking WTF? Can someone enlighten me? All hatchery must die, right?
https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efishrules/erule.jsp?id=2346
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Green R. Rule Change - 06/14/19 09:25 PM

It is to protect the water quality for Tacoma's municipal water supply. Keep people out so they don't degrade the water. Since Tacoma (probably) owns that part of the watershed folks shouldn't be there.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Green R. Rule Change - 06/14/19 10:35 PM

Old stomping grounds, spent 1k's of hours around there. You can get to Stampede pass on that road. My Bud got a pass from a logging company to get through the gates, pre 9/11. We saw some huge f'n Elk up there.

Good ol' day's. thumbs
Posted by: RUNnGUN

Re: Green R. Rule Change - 06/14/19 11:01 PM

Scouted but never fished that high back in the day. Surprised it has ever been open anyway. Always thought it was locked up except if you wanted to hike. I know PSE has access to a switch yard up there called Baldi and yes lots of game. I think it's past Lester. Beautiful country. I think the Mucks get most of the game out of there anymore. Heard some bad stories of abuse. Curious how the drinking water quality would be affected downstream from the lake?
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Green R. Rule Change - 06/15/19 10:05 AM

I saw that notification, and my first reaction is, "where is Friday Creek?" If WDFW is just closing fishing in an area where we already can't legally get to, then I guess it doesn't matter.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Green R. Rule Change - 06/15/19 01:41 PM

Actually looked at a map (real data). Friday Creek is upstream of the Howard Hansen Dam Reservoir. The Tacoma Headworks Diversion is significantly downstream of the dam. There is quite a bit of river between the two points.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Green R. Rule Change - 06/15/19 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
I saw that notification, and my first reaction is, "where is Friday Creek?" If WDFW is just closing fishing in an area where we already can't legally get to, then I guess it doesn't matter.

Yep.me too.