Elliot Bay

Posted by: riverdick

Elliot Bay - 08/08/19 05:06 PM

Any word how the E-bay opener whent?
Posted by: chukar14

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/09/19 07:27 AM

lousy, I saw a hand full of small kings caught by others and I got skunked.
Posted by: kalamageo

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/10/19 11:03 AM

When a buddy of mine told me there was an opener, I got excited.

Then I saw the date. Too early. By about 2 weeks.
Posted by: GodLovesUgly

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/12/19 08:55 AM

Yeah those fish are probably just starting to show up en masse down there right now. A10 just got good.
Posted by: Thumbburner

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/13/19 06:04 PM

Looking at the chinook catch/encounter numbers as of 8/11, area 10 will likely close before the weekend is done.
Posted by: cohobankie

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/15/19 08:46 PM

August 15, 2019

Marine Area 10 to close to the retention of hatchery Chinook salmon

Action: Marine Area 10 (Seattle/Bremerton Area) will close to the retention of hatchery Chinook salmon beginning Saturday, Aug. 17.

Effective date: Aug. 17, 2019.

Species affected: Hatchery Chinook salmon.

Location: Marine Area 10 (Seattle-Bremerton Area), excluding Sinclair Inlet and the year-round docks and piers.

Reason for action: Preliminary estimates indicate that anglers have harvested more than 95 percent of the summer quota of hatchery Chinook through Aug. 15.

Additional information: Marine Area 10 will remain open to the retention of coho and pink salmon with a two-salmon daily limit through Nov. 15, 2019. Sinclair Inlet remains open to hatchery Chinook retention through Sept. 30. Anglers may also continue to retain one Chinook salmon (wild or hatchery) at the docks and piers that are open year-round as listed in the 2019-20 Washington Sport Fishing Rules pamphlet.

For more information, anglers should consult the 2019-20 Washington Sport Fishing Rules pamphlet available online at http: //wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/.

Anglers can check WDFW's website at https: //wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/reports_plants.html for the latest information on marine areas that are managed to a quota or guideline.

Information contact: David Stormer, Puget Sound recreational salmon fishery manager, (360) 902-0058; or Mark Baltzell, Puget Sound salmon manager, (360) 902-2807.
Posted by: cohobankie

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/15/19 08:47 PM

How about saturday......
Posted by: Krijack

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/16/19 11:50 AM

Does anybody know why area 11 completely closes for boats on September 30th. After saying it will be a great Coho years, this confuses me a bit. Area 13 is open year round, area 10 to November 15.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/16/19 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Krijack
Does anybody know why area 11 completely closes for boats on September 30th. After saying it will be a great Coho years, this confuses me a bit. Area 13 is open year round, area 10 to November 15.

It looks to me like MA 11 closes completely to all salmon fishing, whether boat or shore bound on Sept 30th.
The not allowing fishing from a boat seems to be a new management tactic WDFW started using a few years ago. They did it in MA 9 as well.

I don't have a boat and fish strictly off shore, but I feel for those that have boats and can't use them to fish out of.
I'd guess their reasoning is boats are more successful and you'll have less encounters with whatever species or whoever's interests they are trying to protect.

I've had some great October coho days in both MA 9 and 11, but those days seem to be a thing of the past.
SF
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/16/19 04:09 PM

I see boats as a means to get from point A to point B, but allow no fishing from them.

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/20/19 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

I see boats as a means to get from point A to point B, but allow no fishing from them.

Shhhhhhhhhh, Point A was one of my all time favorites.

If you talk about it here, I'll have to go to my backup plan.......Point B.
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/20/19 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: kalamageo

Good for you, a good sense of humor......tight lines and all fish brought to boat or shore....

Close as we are.....YOU might see me at A or B!!!!

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/20/19 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: kalamageo

Good for you, a good sense of humor......tight lines and all fish brought to boat or shore....

Close as we are.....YOU might see me at A or B!!!!

You'll see me. Heading west to be sure. Not much up my way except humpies............ and a very few chinook in 13. Still hoping they are late. Seeing fish but not many.............

My off weeks from work have been big tides too. When the silvers show, I'll be in the money.

good luck to you. If you see a white on grey Hewes Pro V Hard top with a RED lab pup and an idiot at the wheel, that's me........ Wave with ALL your fingers. I just get the single one a lot.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Elliot Bay - 08/20/19 10:20 PM

GFY. grin