Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly

Posted by: powerstrokincowb

Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly - 08/11/19 10:43 AM

After growing up in Puyallup fishing and hunting all over Washington, I moved to Philly in 2003 for school and have been there since. I had to cancel plans to fish in Alaska at the end of our Alaska cruise because my brother was just diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer. So now I am in Puyallup from now until Saturday visiting family.

Although my brother is probably not up to fishing due to his recent surgery, I want to get out with my nephew for some fishing. Since being away, I am not sure the best option for salmon fishing for us.

Ilwaco, Westport, Neah Bay...salmon charter or combo salmon/bottom fishing charter? Any river fishing good right now? I haven't even checked the regs yet. We are pretty much open to any fishing. Cost is not an issue...just want some good fishing with a good captain or guide.

Please give me some suggestions so we can get out this week.

Thanks in advance for any info!!
Posted by: 5 * General Evo

Re: Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly - 08/11/19 01:16 PM

Puyallup river is closed till this Thursday, water is typical of August...

Nisqually is going to get screwed due to the debris flow from the Tahoma Creek glacier on Rainier...

the Slammer out of Westport, has been doing excellent on Ling's, Bottom fish, and Salmon when they go...

https://www.facebook.com/charterboatslammer/
Posted by: Local

Re: Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly - 08/11/19 06:15 PM

I have gone out with Deep Sea Charters twice this year. As a Local I have fished out of Westport for 50 years. Deep Sea is as good as any.
They all seem to be running North for 2 to 3 hours and coming back with limits of Hatchery Coho, very few Chinook and too many Native Coho to count. There are several charters at Westport but not like the old days.
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly - 08/12/19 12:38 PM

Locally I would ping Matt McCullough of Tyee Charters for opportunites for salmon in Puget Sound
206-799-2530

maligem@comcast.net

Let us know how ya did!
Posted by: RogueFanatic

Re: Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly - 08/13/19 10:12 AM

Originally Posted By: NOFISH
Locally I would ping Matt McCullough of Tyee Charters for opportunites for salmon in Puget Sound
206-799-2530

maligem@comcast.net

Let us know how ya did!

+1 for Matt. Guy knows how to fish and you won't be in the middle of the crowd.