Editorial on CCA

Posted by: Chinook 1

Editorial on CCA - 10/09/19 03:20 PM

This might be a little old,but it playing out in are 2019 legislative session and they'll probably try the some old trick
this year too.

http://www.fishingnj.org/artcca.htm
Posted by: Larry B

Re: Editorial on CCA - 10/09/19 06:03 PM

A little old? Copyright 1996 so call it 23 or 24 years aged. A little further research has the author a 1992 graduate in Communications so 4 years in the biz before he put together that drivel. Funny that one of the criticisms in his piece was that CCA provided no science to support the legislation it wrote when his oped failed to provide any data that the gillnet fishery there was sustainable.

Chinookie, are you possibly Mr. Holbert and now working in Astoria?
Posted by: large edward

Re: Editorial on CCA - 10/09/19 08:53 PM

Wow! Given what I've seen and participated in with the CCA regarding the current problems on the Cowlitz, all indications are that they hold the sportfishing community's interests as priority one, and they are trying to hold WDFW accountable for their actions (or inactions). Frankly, I think the old 1996 article is garbage.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Editorial on CCA - 10/10/19 09:15 AM

Wow indeed! Chinook 1 is now a lackey for commercial gillnetting. Will wonders ever cease?

Re: Editorial on CCA - 10/10/19 01:20 PM

Look like you guys can't read or comprehend that the article was old. But i guess you'll believe the so called conservation group from Texas. Here one from there so called leadership and chief liar G Loomis himself.

https://www.dailyastorian.com/news/state...b6e54da529.html
Posted by: GodLovesUgly

Re: Editorial on CCA - 10/10/19 01:21 PM

Old as a MF and poorly written?

Nothing to see here... move along..

Re: Editorial on CCA - 10/10/19 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Wow indeed! Chinook 1 is now a lackey for commercial gillnetting. Will wonders ever cease?

You helped kill the Cowlitz . Lackey did you have to look that up in the dictionary.
Why would you want to kill something that wants the same thing you want more fish.
Maybe you think there a big pot of fish if gill nets are ban.But then maybe your just another greedy sportsmen.Who know maybe your just another CCA Lemming. LMFAO
Remember i have thick skin boys.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Editorial on CCA - 10/10/19 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Chinook 1

Remember i have thick skin boys.

Few,if any care,other than yourself. Believe that.

Re: Editorial on CCA - 10/10/19 02:18 PM

If you want this fuc*ing troll to shut up do NOT respond to anything he posts, he'll get bored with no response to his trolling. Send him back to the dark side with the other trollers who contribute nothing. Bob R

Re: Editorial on CCA - 10/10/19 02:43 PM

Now now, I happen to know that quite a few Darksiders contribute a lot. You know,spouting off on internet boards complaining on the state of our fisheries. REALLY contributing to the solution.