Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam?

Posted by: Blu13

Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam? - 01/18/20 11:50 AM

I came across this article on the KIRO Radio Site-My Northwest. Article states 5130 is about removing Fish Barriers by raising $$ on Real Estate Sales. Problem is when you look where the $$ is going it as they say "ain't going where it should".

2 percent to a public works assistance account
4.1 percent to an education legacy trust account
1.6 percent to a city-county assistance account
16.7 percent to the motor vehicle fund
75.4 percent to the general fund — where it can be spent on whatever the Legislature wants

https://mynorthwest.com/1673701/dori-leg-trojan-horse-bills/
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam? - 01/18/20 01:02 PM

We seem to be getting to the point that funds need to be mandated for specific tasks. This one, for example, goes only to the cost of actual barrier removal. All the money.

Dedicated funds may be the way of the future as we simply can't trust folks to do what they said they would do to get support.
Posted by: Larry B

Re: Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam? - 01/18/20 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Carcassman
We seem to be getting to the point that funds need to be mandated for specific tasks. This one, for example, goes only to the cost of actual barrier removal. All the money.

Dedicated funds may be the way of the future as we simply can't trust folks to do what they said they would do to get support.

The Legislature still hasn't replaced the money it stole (oops, should have said appropriated) from the dedicated RCO account and gave to the General Fund during the last budget crisis.

Sure would be nice if they returned it with interest. Truth is I will be old and dead before that happens.....and I am already old.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam? - 01/18/20 03:51 PM

Can I get an "Amen!"
Posted by: Larry B

Re: Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam? - 01/18/20 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Can I get an "Amen!"

Unfortunately, when it comes to money and power the Legislature has the power to raid so called dedicated funds. It is back to the trust thing and that is in short supply.