NO PEBBLE

Posted by: Salman

NO PEBBLE - 04/24/20 04:44 PM

Call the Governor’s office & tell them you’re opposed to Pebble Mine at (907)269-7450. They are trying to rush the process with Covid-19 as an excuse. I would upload a picture of the facebook post by Save Bristol Bay but I don’t know how. I called and left a message, got right through.
Posted by: ned

Re: NO PEBBLE - 04/25/20 01:28 PM

Done! Left a polite message that they harvest enough WA ond OR stocks already. If Bristol Bay fishermen are put out of business, they will be forced to alternate fisheries, and catch even more WA and OR fish. This is not acceptable. Please help preserve the AK native fisheries to relieve pressure on WA and OR stocks for all of us. Don't cave to the the mining lobbyists!
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: NO PEBBLE - 04/25/20 02:12 PM

Yep between the extractive industries assaults on the coldwater womb and all the low-holers raping the ocean nursery, the critter's candle is rapidly being burned from both ends.

The human madness of chasing the almighty dollar is a hard habit to break. Our exponential economy is drawing down all the assets of the natural world. Until mankind can muster the discipline to coexist with the natural economy and sustainably function as a part of the natural ecosystem rather than its conqueror, we'll continue down the path of our own destruction.

I truly fear for my grandson's future.

Re: NO PEBBLE - 04/25/20 02:28 PM

A 15 sqaure mile mine at the headwaters of any stream is huge.
Posted by: Brent K

Re: NO PEBBLE - 04/25/20 04:13 PM

If anyone wants to see what happens when a failure occurs look up "Mount Polley Mine Disaster". This was probably pretty small scale compared to what they are proposing for Pebble Mine.
Posted by: RUNnGUN

Re: NO PEBBLE - 04/25/20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Yep between the extractive industries assaults on the coldwater womb and all the low-holers raping the ocean nursery, the critter's candle is rapidly being burned from both ends.

The human madness of chasing the almighty dollar is a hard habit to break. Our exponential economy is drawing down all the assets of the natural world. Until mankind can muster the discipline to coexist with the natural economy and sustainably function as a part of the natural ecosystem rather than its conqueror, we'll continue down the path of our own destruction.

I truly fear for my grandson's future.

Grandson's? How about our children, or even our future?
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: NO PEBBLE - 05/01/20 03:33 PM

I figure I got 10 good years left... TOPS! I'll be gone before it all goes to $h!t. My kids are destined to have a less prosperous future than their old man. By the time my grandson is a productive adult, the competition for the most basic of natural resources will be acute. Clean fresh water will be the new gold.
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: NO PEBBLE - 05/01/20 06:02 PM

November can lead to change.......Trump wants to roll back Ca standards, National parks are in his rifle scope......years to get standards for the betterment of the world, cut, change, all the positive environmental stadards, could be gone in a "Tweet".....grrrrrrrrr

Re: NO PEBBLE - 05/01/20 08:42 PM

Exactly! Vote straight blue! Retardlicans don’t understand anything related to the environment much less anything else. Not sure how the party has gone from an outdoor champ like Teddy Roosevelt to a slum lord trying to whack down Tongass, dig Pebble, & save the dams. A true asshole, he’ll never be forgotten.