Commission NOF discussion rescheduled?

Posted by: Waterboy

Commission NOF discussion rescheduled? - 05/20/20 08:32 AM

Does anyone know when/if the Commission's NOF discussion has been rescheduled yet? Or will it even be rescheduled? I don't see anything on their web page.
Posted by: Bay wolf

Re: Commission NOF discussion rescheduled? - 05/20/20 01:27 PM

Our email inquiry and their reply:

To: DFW Commission

Nikki,

The North of Falcon and the Puget Sound Chinook Management plan discussion were removed from the agenda on the May 14th Commission Fish Management meeting.

Can you please inform us when the Fish Committee meeting to discuss these items has been rescheduled for?

Currently there is no reschedule of this meeting appearing on the calendar.

Commissioner Kehoe said it would be rescheduled this week.

Hopefully it will be rescheduled and published in a timely manner to afford the fullest participation from the stakeholders, as these are both very important subjects to the public.

Thank you.

WCS

cc: WDFW Commissioners
Commissioner Bob Kehoe

To: Washington Citizen Sportsmen (OpenNOF@Gmail.com)

Good Morning,

I'm in the process of rescheduling. As soon as I have a date I will notify the public.

Thank you!
Nikki

You can keep updated on this and other events that affect recreational fishing at: Open North of Falcon Facebook Page

Re: Commission NOF discussion rescheduled? - 05/21/20 06:46 AM

I was listening in early before the last meeting started and the few that were on chatting seemed relieved it was off the agenda.

Re: Commission NOF discussion rescheduled? - 05/21/20 08:10 AM

Interesting. What did you over hear?

Re: Commission NOF discussion rescheduled? - 05/21/20 08:33 AM

I don't remember word for word but they seemed relieved that the NOF wasn't on the agenda for the day...something about not having that fun discussion. They said that the decision was made because Larry Carpenter could not be at the meeting due to a family emergency.

Friday morning Commissioner Kehoe did have public comment and about 4 or 5 people commented that NOF is broken and the state needs to get it's own permit.

Re: Commission NOF discussion rescheduled? - 05/21/20 08:38 AM

JUST ANNOUNCED: Rescheduled Fish Committee Meeting To discuss North of Falcon and Puget Sound Chinook Harvest Plan
June 11 - 13

Fish Committee AGENDA