Pebble Mine won't cause major harm - COE

Posted by: OncyT

Pebble Mine won't cause major harm - COE - 07/24/20 09:34 AM

The Trump administration says the Pebble Mine won’t cause major environmental harm - Washington Post.

"Trump officials will conclude Friday that a proposed gold and copper mine in Alaska — which would be North America’s largest — would not pose serious environmental risks, a sharp reversal from a finding by the Obama administration that it would permanently harm the region’s prized sockeye salmon."

"In a final environmental analysis obtained by The Washington Post, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers found that Pebble Mine, which targets a deposit of gold, copper and other minerals worth up $500 billion, “would not be expected to have a measurable effect on fish numbers” in the Bristol Bay watershed that supports the world’s largest sockeye salmon fishery."

COE - Pebble Mine won't cause environmental Harm
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Pebble Mine won't cause major harm - COE - 07/24/20 10:44 AM

Must be some really, really top-notch stuff they're smoking.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Pebble Mine won't cause major harm - COE - 07/24/20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Carcassman
Must be some really, really top-notch stuff they're smoking.

crazy

It can't even be...like...really, really good MJ. Even the really good stuff can't be so good that brains literally fall outta heads. They gotta be smokin' straight up PCP.

Absolutely awful decision.

C'mon November!
Posted by: DCC

Re: Pebble Mine won't cause major harm - COE - 07/24/20 01:48 PM

You could have stopped at trump administration.

No good can come of anything trump.
Posted by: fishbadger

Re: Pebble Mine won't cause major harm - COE - 07/24/20 02:01 PM

The epic degree of dipshittery (the all-out war on environmental reg's) from this administration continues,

fb
Posted by: eddie

Re: Pebble Mine won't cause major harm - COE - 07/24/20 06:56 PM

Un freakin believable!