Chehalis

Posted by: Local

Chehalis - 09/12/20 08:16 AM

There is a tree that fell into the Chehalis below the Satsop. It appears to be blocking the path for boats unless you can drag your big sled around it. I am sure all the bankie would give you a hand ?????????
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Chehalis - 09/13/20 08:35 AM

Good post.....

The tree is a LARGE cottonwood that got blown over with the high East winds 9/8/2020. The roots are still on the North bank and the top is straight across, laying on the South side gravel bar.....tides have NOT moved it at all.

The tree in question is just below "Twidwells Bar", water in the area, at this time of the year is very shallow......it'll be a "no go" for jet boaters until high water moves it out.

After Tuesday, 9/15/2020.....the Chehalis River will be closed until 10/01/2020.....with the outlook for rain doesn't look like this will be useable for jetboat travel even after 10/01/2020.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Chehalis - 09/13/20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

Good post.....

The tree is a LARGE cottonwood that got blown over with the high East winds 9/8/2020. The roots are still on the North bank and the top is straight across, laying on the South side gravel bar.....tides have NOT moved it at all.

The tree in question is just below "Twidwells Bar", water in the area, at this time of the year is very shallow......it'll be a "no go" for jet boaters until high water moves it out.

After Tuesday, 9/15/2020.....the Chehalis River will be closed until 10/01/2020.....with the outlook for rain doesn't look like this will be useable for jetboat travel even after 10/01/2020.

my guess is that some determined folks will go after it with chain saws between now and then. They may succeed, they may not. Fishermen are tenacious.
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: Chehalis - 09/14/20 07:32 AM

I agree with Bob. No way the sledders are going to leave that tree there for long. My prediction is that it's gone (or neutralized) by the evening of September 30.

Of course, they could still access the water up from Twidwell's from the Fuller Bridge launch, so we'll see.
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: Chehalis - 09/14/20 02:07 PM

Save a tree,
Eat a beaver.