The pristine wild experience!

Posted by: Anonymous

The pristine wild experience! - 11/16/20 01:42 PM

Salmon Slayers rofl
Posted by: stonefish

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/16/20 02:42 PM

A motorcycle helmet and full leathers should be required when fishing there to deflect all the lead shrapnel.
SF

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/16/20 03:03 PM

Chums the new ditch pickle??
Posted by: stonefish

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/16/20 03:08 PM

Bass fisherman have more sense then those that fish at Minter Creek.
SF
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/16/20 03:11 PM

I saw the Merg!!!!
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/16/20 04:59 PM

SamminSlayersTV
on the
Trailer Park Outdoor Channel

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/16/20 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
I saw the Merg!!!!
rofl
Posted by: _WW_

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/27/20 06:53 AM

I remember when guys were too embarrassed to admit fishing for chums...
Posted by: GoldDigger

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/27/20 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: _WW_
I remember when guys were too embarrassed to admit fishing for chums...

Never been embarrassed about fishing for Chum, but I'd sure as hell be embarrassed about fishing in that crowded mud hole... fight
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/27/20 02:50 PM

Much as folks diss Minter I wanted to propose that during November that on weekends, T-Day and the following Friday that it be open only to unlicensed juveniles. Give kids a chance to actually catch a salmon. My Idea was kids only until noon. Wasn't able to propose it as they smithed to the once in three years opportunity; I did pass it to the local manager, though.
Posted by: eddie

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/27/20 05:39 PM

I like your idea Carcassman as long as there are responsible adults there to teach the kids how to catch chum without snagging.
Posted by: RUNnGUN

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/27/20 07:48 PM

Hope you don't mind Doc.
https://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?p=16533487#post16533487
Posted by: Blu13

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/27/20 08:03 PM

I find it interesting that a place like Minter is a joke (I've never been there) as is the Samish (Organized Chaos), Reiter etc. But at the same time, some of the same people take their $30k+ boats out to Puget Sound (can you say the 10th St launch during King Season) , fish Bumper Boats at Buoy 10, take their boats to Doge A Boat at Drano etc. And don't forget, the Pristine Experience of Steelhead Fishing the Hoh in your Drift Boat or Raft with the other 30+ boats on the same run. Hell, I've been at Nootka where your Pristine Experience was making sure the boats on either side, the ones cutting in front of you etc weren't going to play Bumper Boats with us.
The Pristine Experience does exist but it's getting harder to find with what has happened to our runs.
Posted by: GoldDigger

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/27/20 10:55 PM

Blu, it's still around. I've got several spots on the Skagit that I've bank fished from for nearly 20 years, and it's rare that I'll even see another fisherman.

There's nothing more peaceful than floating a line through a run while the sun sets on a clear October evening, and there's not another human nor sign of civilization anywhere in sight. If I'm lucky enough to hook a fish or two, well...that's just a bonus.

Compared to the above, and while they are both considered as "fishing", trying to catch a fish while rubbing elbows with fifty other knotheads just doesn't quite cut it.

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/27/20 11:07 PM

I live on the most populous state and can find solitude,often,while fishing. Just gotta think outside the box. I have a couple steelhead fisheries I live that sees few fishermen. Sometimes few fish too! I walk the beaches and surf fish striped bass sometimes not seeing anyone. I tend to crave that more and more,as I get older. I value my peace and quiet these days.
Posted by: Blu13

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/28/20 09:37 AM

Don't get me wrong guys. I have my solitude places as well. My feeling is that places like Minter, Reiter etc have their place. Take the Snohomish system for winter fish. The opportunities aren't there like when I started 30+ years ago. So if you have a few hours and want a legitimate chance at a fish in higher water, it's Reiter.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/28/20 12:49 PM

At least in my experience, a young angler needs to catch a fish. Period. As they catch fish, they move to less "easy" places, maybe to wild fish, whatever. But I know that going a couple years without a bite while trout fishing didn't make me want to fish trout.

Re: The pristine wild experience! - 11/28/20 03:20 PM

Fair enough. I wasn't necessarily putting down places like these terminal fisheries,rather the types of fisher people they attract. Particularly the salmon snagging crowd. Also if you have a quote " outdoors channel" on youtube,go outdoors. Places like Hoodsport are bloodfest snag fisheries.