Lake Washington winter perch

Posted by: Tuna Man

Lake Washington winter perch - 01/28/21 10:01 AM

I want to take my grandson winter perch fishing on Lake Washington. I've done a search and I can up with how and how deep, but nothing on where. I know they are out deeper in 60 - 90' of water unlike the summer and fall. But it is a big lake. Does anyone know of some areas where we might have some success for winter perch? He's 5 and really wants to catch some fish.
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: Lake Washington winter perch - 01/28/21 10:12 AM

North end off Kenmore. Motor out a mile or so past the barge mooring bouys and look for schools, anchor and drop gear. You wanna fish the first spots you see on underwater mapping where it drops off to 50, 60, then 70 FOW which is roughly due west of arrowhead point.
Posted by: Tuna Man

Re: Lake Washington winter perch - 01/28/21 10:22 AM

Thanks much.
Posted by: COOPDUCK

Re: Lake Washington winter perch - 01/29/21 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
North end off Kenmore. Motor out a mile or so past the barge mooring bouys and look for schools, anchor and drop gear. You wanna fish the first spots you see on underwater mapping where it drops off to 50, 60, then 70 FOW which is roughly due west of arrowhead point.

Exactly where I’ve taken my kids recently and did well. Past the buoys the bottom kind of gently slopes off, then steepens out from like 60-90, then it kind of flattens out again around 100. We caught most around that steeper slope on the bottom.
Posted by: Terry Roth

Re: Lake Washington winter perch - 02/01/21 11:29 AM

What size are those perch, please and thanks