Alan at mahaffeys on kalama passes away

Posted by: thaxor

Alan at mahaffeys on kalama passes away - 03/02/21 04:05 PM

Heard Allan had passed recently. Talked to him at Christmas time for a bit. He mentioned he'd been having heart problems for some time. Friend of mine said they're planning an April 10 thing for him.

They're going to continue doing launches, not sure on long term plans for the campground. I've never met his wife, only ever spoke to Alan.

My wife hated riding in his sketchy van for turns around. Sitting on a folding metal chair in the back was pretty funny.

Nice guy, always dependable, and would give good fishing reports.

He'll be missed.
Posted by: eswan

Re: Alan at mahaffeys on kalama passes away - 03/02/21 05:19 PM

Man that is sad to hear. Always enjoyed chatting with him on our rides shuttling or pulling over just to shoot the breeze.
Posted by: RUNnGUN

Re: Alan at mahaffeys on kalama passes away - 03/02/21 05:52 PM

Damn!. He did have open heart surgery years ago and told me long term damage existed. Had a rough but good life and caught tons of fish. More than once floated by his honey spot for summers and he would hook up. I think his wife was the original heir to the property, a Mahaffey's relative. Thanks for sharing and he will be missed.
Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: Alan at mahaffeys on kalama passes away - 03/05/21 03:58 PM

RIP Good guy for sure.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Alan at mahaffeys on kalama passes away - 03/06/21 07:07 AM

He didn't look too good the last time I saw him, but he was in good spirits. That's too bad, he was a good egg.