Sekiu reports?

Posted by: BARCHASER

Sekiu reports? - 03/19/21 11:56 AM

My buddy and I have plans to go over to Sekiu next week for salmon and bottomfish. The fishchecker reports look pretty good with 40-50% success on salmon and some Lings too.

Anybody have a report?

Thanks
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/19/21 01:28 PM

There was a recent thread on Bloody Decks, 4 or 5 recent reports in there.
Posted by: PNWBestLife

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/22/21 12:33 PM

I was just there this past week. I would say the blackmouth fishing is fair with 1 keeper coming for every 2-3 hours of "good" effort.

Bottomfishing is hot with easy limits coming to those who use their charts, electronics and target the right areas.
Posted by: 20 Gage

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/22/21 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: PNWBestLife
I was just there this past week. I would say the blackmouth fishing is fair with 1 keeper coming for every 2-3 hours of "good" effort.

Bottomfishing is hot with easy limits coming to those who use their charts, electronics and target the right areas.

Great to see a little brite fishing lite brought to this site again !
Posted by: OceanSun

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/22/21 05:40 PM

Didn't know fishing reports actually still existed here anymore...
Posted by: Rivrguy

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/22/21 06:59 PM

Why don't you give it a shot so you can get to know a whole bunch of folks that deeply appreciate your assistance.

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/22/21 11:11 PM

Guess I'd have to actually go fishing to give a report. Was certainly planning on blackmouth till halibut but didn't figure to have to go to Sekiu to do it. It's all BS till I hook the boat up and hit the road...

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/23/21 05:23 AM

And here's my blog post on our recent trip with a bunch more details: https://pnwbestlife.com/sekiu-fishing-for-blackmouth-and-ling-march-2021/
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/25/21 06:36 PM

And here's my blog post on our recent trip with a bunch more details: https://pnwbestlife.com/sekiu-fishing-for-blackmouth-and-ling-march-2021/

Very nice - thanks for the share!

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/26/21 07:11 AM

No worries, cannot wait to go back!

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/26/21 11:34 AM

Thank you for the video. We didnt go this week since the weather was not too good. My buddy cant go next week so we have a reser stating 4/6.

We are looking forward to it. The fishchecker reports show that the fishing has held up pretty good.

Re: Sekiu reports? - 03/26/21 12:25 PM

Yeah for sure. I'm going back in April at least once as well! Hopefully do more blackmouth fishing too. Just need a good weather window.

Re: Sekiu reports? - 04/10/21 12:09 PM

The weather looks good, finally, and we have a reser for this Tuesday through Friday.

The fish checker report shows a pretty high success ratio.

I've been fishing CQ since the early 80's but only a couple times in the Spring. The last time I fished it in the Spring was 6-7 years ago and I got a 98 buck ticket for barbed hooks, bad boy!

Anybody have any tips for Chinooks and Bfish.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/reports/creel/puget?ramp=Olson%27s+Resort&sample_date=1&catch_area=

Re: Sekiu reports? - 04/10/21 12:13 PM

Oops, forgot, no links allowed. The last Olsons fishchecker report shows 18 Chinooks for 25 rods.
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Sekiu reports? - 04/10/21 09:49 PM

Downrigger'mortis? I've had lotsa crew like that over the years. LOL!
Posted by: Crackerbox

Re: Sekiu reports? - 04/26/21 04:43 PM

Went out this last weekend with a friend. Caught BM , some early springers and usual bottom fish.

Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: Sekiu reports? - 04/26/21 04:59 PM

Nice job!

Re: Sekiu reports? - 04/27/21 11:21 AM

Wow! You guys cleaned up. We went couple weeks ago and got two blackmouth but not as big as the ones you got. Cool!

Re: Sekiu reports? - 04/27/21 12:43 PM

Great work guys!
Posted by: snit

Re: Sekiu reports? - 04/28/21 05:46 AM

Great fish! Thanks for posting
Posted by: Brad_tgl

Re: Sekiu reports? - 04/28/21 06:29 AM

And a year with no area 6 blackmouth fishery and looks the same for next year. When will area 5 follow?
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Sekiu reports? - 04/28/21 12:34 PM

Way to git er done Crackerbox, thems some dandies thumbs