Crab, How to shake Video

Posted by: DrifterWA

Crab, How to shake Video - 07/24/21 09:37 AM

07/24/2021

If you buy, catch, are given Dungeness crab, unless someone just gives you the crab meat, means you have separate the meat from the shell.

I love crabmeat, like crab cocktail and other ways of eating Dungeness crab........I didn't enjoy separating "the meat from the shell", until I watched the following U Tube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eal-GfJ1_U

It makes the process of getting the crab meat out of the shell a lot faster.

Try it, you might like this???????
Posted by: eddie

Re: Crab, How to shake Video - 07/24/21 02:42 PM

Thanks, cool idea!
Posted by: Larry B

Re: Crab, How to shake Video - 07/24/21 11:25 PM

Just finished picking four crab. Since I was working in the kitchen I used a slightly more "controlled" method of breaking off all legs and claws then compressing the body halves so I can dismember the five pieces and pick out the meat. Maybe a little more work up front but clean up is a lot easier - no crab on the ceiling.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Crab, How to shake Video - 07/27/21 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Larry B
Just finished picking four crab. Since I was working in the kitchen I used a slightly more "controlled" method of breaking off all legs and claws then compressing the body halves so I can dismember the five pieces and pick out the meat. Maybe a little more work up front but clean up is a lot easier - no crab on the ceiling.

This....especially not finding crab bits on the floor, ceiling, walls, etc.
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Crab, How to shake Video - 07/28/21 08:17 AM

07/28/2021

I can guarantee that the time spent "getting the crab out of the shell", is at least twice as fast.

Clean up was minimal, put stainless bowl in kitchen sink, another bowl to put shells in, then got so i "hit just right".

Because I live close to Westport and or Tokeland, I get super fresh crab. Price of crab has increased at a alarming rate.

Good old days, crab feeds, were common. I remember buying crab off a commercial boat, anchored at mouth of Wishkah River, in Aberdeen, price was $.50 a crab....of course that was 1968.

Some will try what was done in the video, some will not.....WORKS FOR ME !!!!
Posted by: Larry B

Re: Crab, How to shake Video - 07/31/21 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
07/28/2021

I can guarantee that the time spent "getting the crab out of the shell", is at least twice as fast.

Clean up was minimal, put stainless bowl in kitchen sink, another bowl to put shells in, then got so i "hit just right".

Because I live close to Westport and or Tokeland, I get super fresh crab. Price of crab has increased at a alarming rate.

Good old days, crab feeds, were common. I remember buying crab off a commercial boat, anchored at mouth of Wishkah River, in Aberdeen, price was $.50 a crab....of course that was 1968.

Some will try what was done in the video, some will not.....WORKS FOR ME !!!!

I was actually going to give it a try outside on the beach but two days of crabbing came up with no keepers in 8-2.