[SILVER} or Gold for your hardware???

Posted by: I'm Still RichG

[SILVER} or Gold for your hardware??? - 04/22/23 09:50 AM

Which do you prefer in your tackle box???

[SILVER] spoons or Gold spoons???

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lQ65DpxZrwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU44bJKVNGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhlFsr4vcYk

The color and reflectivity of your hardware matters... Possibly even the frequency it emits and its conductivity...

I prefer [SILVER] in most conditions of water clarity and flows...

What is your opinion...
Posted by: 20 Gage

Re: [SILVER} or Gold for your hardware??? - 04/22/23 10:25 AM

Hammered Brass, hands down.

Make that a Fat Max, or Steele profile with a single barbless siwash, split rings, and no snap or swivel.

With chrome next, followed by a hammered Brass w Flame stripe as a kicker when things got tuff.

Now I throw “no spoons “ as there are No Steelhead here that we are allowed to fish for.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: [SILVER} or Gold for your hardware??? - 04/22/23 12:11 PM

For trout in streams I found silver too rainbows and gold took browns. It was almost exclusively so. Never had caught a brown until a friend "use this", a gold Phoebe. Wored like a charm.
Posted by: seabeckraised

Re: [SILVER} or Gold for your hardware??? - 04/22/23 06:45 PM

I use silver plated blades year round. Summer and winter steelhead, spring and fall Chinook, coho, you name it. Has more to do with confidence in my opinion.

Then again, I’ve caught those same fish with the color-bladed Wicked Spinners. Low clear water to dirty water, doesn’t matter.

All comes down to confidence for me.
Posted by: Lifter99

Re: [SILVER} or Gold for your hardware??? - 04/23/23 03:40 AM

50/50 gold/silver spoons for me. Sometimes 50/50 copper/silver.
Posted by: SpoonFed

Re: [SILVER} or Gold for your hardware??? - 04/23/23 08:40 AM

Gold, hands down. Clear, dirty. Gets it done.
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: [SILVER} or Gold for your hardware??? - 04/23/23 09:23 AM

4/23/2023

Originally Posted By: seabeckraised
Has more to do with confidence in my opinion.

That and open seasons, AND A BITTER!!!!!!

Short story....Early 70's, Satsop River, below the bridges, 2 of us were fishing Winter SH, eggs, corkies, etc. just knew there were fish around. Cast, cast cast....nothing, a guy comes down, watches then asks if he can make a few casts......Sure go ahead, 3 casts, 2 steelhead.....thanks us, long gone........ the "old Flash Glow", in chrome blade.

I never forgot that and a try to never leave a "run", without running a spinner thru before I leave......paid off many times.
Posted by: Todd

Re: [SILVER} or Gold for your hardware??? - 04/23/23 11:40 AM

"Copper is proper" wink

Something about steelhead green and a copper spoon, has always treated me right.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: seabeckraised

Re: [SILVER} or Gold for your hardware??? - 04/23/23 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
4/23/2023

Originally Posted By: seabeckraised
Has more to do with confidence in my opinion.

That and open seasons, AND A BITTER!!!!!!

Short story....Early 70's, Satsop River, below the bridges, 2 of us were fishing Winter SH, eggs, corkies, etc. just knew there were fish around. Cast, cast cast....nothing, a guy comes down, watches then asks if he can make a few casts......Sure go ahead, 3 casts, 2 steelhead.....thanks us, long gone........ the "old Flash Glow", in chrome blade.

I never forgot that and a try to never leave a "run", without running a spinner thru before I leave......paid off many times.

What I’d give to have been able to fish in those days.. hit the nail on the head though! I’ll always finish out a run with spinners, backing down plugs, or both. Nothing like throwing the kitchen sink at a juicy looking run for the better part of half an hour with nothing to show for it, then backing down some plugs, and BANG, fish on!
Posted by: Streamer

Re: [SILVER} or Gold for your hardware??? - 04/24/23 08:34 PM

Silver for sure. Whether it’s green backs or steelhats, they take it to the moon!

LFG!!! beer

Streamer