Fishing Reports?

Posted by: Mr. Twister

Fishing Reports? - 12/22/03 07:16 PM

I was on the Sky above Cracker Bar fishing for about 3 hours on Sunday. I didn't get any hits, and no one I spoke to had any luck, including a guide with clients.

I guess the fish are still not in. Still praying for a Christmas fish.
Posted by: Fly_Guy

Re: Fishing Reports? - 12/26/03 06:13 PM

I heard of a guy catching (and releasing) 6 steelhead on Sunday aroung that area, I didnt get any....

Was way up in Index on the NF trying to avoid the crowds

Lots of fish in the Snoqualmie too
Posted by: Fishingjunky15

Re: Fishing Reports? - 12/26/03 10:58 PM

Caught one today on the Green. It was a small hatchery hen about 6 pounds, it was released. Where I was at, there was five people within sight and four fish where caught.
Posted by: 252525

Re: Fishing Reports? - 12/27/03 07:38 PM

where on the green?

the puyallup is turning out a few i heard

Re: Fishing Reports? - 12/29/03 08:33 PM

Did the Sky and Snoqualmie on sunday. Saw afew caught at Reiter and some caught below Tolkul Creek. Tried both jigs and flies but I wasn't the lucky one to catch fish caught. Then today I fished the upper Green at my spot adn watched one guy catch two while I didn't get a bite. They're out there, you just have to put in some time to get 'em.
Posted by: floatandjig

Re: Fishing Reports? - 12/31/03 09:18 PM

Hey Fishingjunky15, where on the green are you fishing, and what techniques have you and the other successful fishermen been using? I am new to this area, and specific locations would be nice.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Re: Fishing Reports? - 01/01/04 05:13 PM

All in the area I was fishing there was good bobber water, some drifting water, some fly water (mostly indicator fishing) and even some good spoon pools. It just all depends on where you are.

Re: Fishing Reports? - 01/02/04 11:06 AM

Hey Fishingjunky15, when you say "upper river" on the Green, are you talking about somewhere in Flaming Geyser Park? If you are, which end of the park are you fishing?

Thanks

Re: Fishing Reports? - 01/02/04 02:07 PM

I'm talking about above the State Park either in the gorge or above. The only ways to get into the gorge is to hike on logging roads and trails, some of which are a couple miles long. There are a few acces points with roads above the gorge and a good map will help with this.

Re: Fishing Reports? - 01/02/04 03:38 PM

Thanks for the info Fishingjunky15!
Posted by: fred evans

Re: Fishing Reports? - 01/03/04 09:20 PM

Long drive ... but the Chetco and lower Rogue have winter fish out the 'gazonga' at this time. YOU DESERVE a three-four day weekend!

Short term non-res. licences in Oregon are dirt cheap ... buy one and find out what fishing-hooking is all about.

Does the Rogue get fish?? 1 800 472 2434

And these numbers (last time I checked) were over a month old .. and by actual count. Forgot to add: the counts are just in the top 30 miles of the river. Below this you've got several other rivers that the fish turn left/right to 'do there thing.'

Eat your hearts out! zip
Posted by: douglasfir

Re: Fishing Reports? - 01/22/04 05:41 PM

Heard reiter, part of the wallace and tokul creek are closed now. Heard the Methow near the mouth is crazy good for steelhead (75 between three people, landed 50). I don't know how long they stayed, but that's hard to believe, huh? Anyway, homemade jigs rule. The north fork Stilly is in shape and is picking up to 5 or 6 fish in one hole. Spotted 4 bald eagles in 2 days! One word of advice get there at dawn or before because the bite turns off about 10am or so. They'll jump but that's it.