Mod's

Posted by: Homer2handed

Mod's - 06/14/04 10:32 PM

I just look at the Mod's there only ONE of them that uses a Fly Rod!

Whats up with that?

Moderated by: [ Bob, Fishgal, Wooley worm, Jerry Garcia ]

beathead
Posted by: Fishingjunky15

Re: Mod's - 06/14/04 10:49 PM

Wooly worm aka Tight Lines on WFF is a fly fisher sometimes. I haven't seen him here (or anywhere) for a while. I've been thinking of volunteeing myself to be one for the fly board. I already have tried to promote it on the main board, and I will again soon. I would like to see lots more people stopping by here.

edit: I think Bob does sometimes in his free time.

edit2: I should have read your post better, you said One fly fisher beathead
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Mod's - 06/16/04 03:27 PM

I flyfish on occasion Homer.
Posted by: KerryS

Re: Mod's - 06/17/04 07:50 PM

I fish a two handed rod for steelhead.
Posted by: Bob

Re: Mod's - 06/18/04 12:34 PM

Fishgal no fishey on the fly?

Here's a little proof in the pudding for ya smile

And while she only has a couple of years under her belt, she's already landed a steelie on the fly with proportions that most anglers will never see, gear or fly:

banana banana banana
Posted by: Homer2handed

Re: Mod's - 06/18/04 01:09 PM

OK

I was wrong.

Get out the rubber hose!

flog
Posted by: Sparkey

Re: Mod's - 06/19/04 12:33 AM

Okay Homer...now go remove your foot from your mouth and get splicin'!...I miss my line already! frown
Posted by: Sparkey

Re: Mod's - 06/19/04 11:19 PM

KK-
Ofcourse you can still borrow the rod. I'll have it with me so when you get a chance just stop by the shop (I am off tomorrow and Monday) and its yours.

btw-I recieved an absolutely stellar report from the 'Tok. Average day was 15 fish...best day was 34 to hand. Sounds like you are in store for some fun! smile
Posted by: Mr. Twister

Re: Mod's - 08/16/04 04:46 PM

I resemble that remark, and the moniker is Tight Loops at WFF.

It is true. I gave up fly fishing full time, but I still love it, in the right time and place. Oh, and I have decided to let the steelies be pretty much.

And yes, I think that it is high time that more moderators were fly fishers. But not all of them. Too many purist fly fishers gets boring real fast, look at WFF.

BTW, the job of a moderator is to keep conversation going around here. I have been pretty busy this year, so I am not posting as much as before, but I am still around.

Rob