Steelhead?

Posted by: wntrrn

Steelhead? - 02/18/07 02:54 PM

Anyone been out and willing to share a report? No river names necessary just wondering if you folks have been having some success with the nates or late hatchery fish.

I've been poking around a bit the last month and a half with fair success. More fish with hardware but my buddy and I have also tailed more than a couple with the bug rod. Mostly swinging rabbit strips with tips. If I could figure out how to post some pics I'd put 'em up. Maybe this week I'll try and post some pics.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Steelhead? - 02/18/07 03:58 PM

ive been out a little bit. got one hit a couple weeks ago. nothing before or sence then. ive been swinging masicly everything i have
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Steelhead? - 02/20/07 04:14 PM

I caught some fish earlier in the season, 2 wild ones even, but that was 4 trips ago. I'm blank in recent weeks.
Posted by: BrianL

Re: Steelhead? - 02/20/07 04:30 PM

Fished this last Sunday on an obscure OP river. Mainly an exploratory mission, as I'd never fished there before. Water vis was about 3'.

Found the float put-in and takeout, and (more important) a really nice run to fish for a couple hours.

Missed one on a string leech and that was it. The rain picked up, the wind started howling, and I headed back to Ocean Shores for some hot refreshment.
Posted by: summerrun

Re: Steelhead? - 03/11/07 10:10 PM

My season officially starts March 1. No luck so far but I am determined to hook up this season on the spey. will report back later in March.