3/15 salt

Posted by: D3Smartie

3/15 salt - 03/16/07 01:16 AM

Fished the outgoing tide this evening for about 2 hours. Pretty cold out but it was nice to be on the water anywyas. 3rd cast got me a nice little cut of about 13-14 inches. It was the only SRC i got but there were quite a few resident coho around and i landed 4 or 5 of those and 1 blackmouth.
Wasnt fishing the same area as the last two days. Lot more salmon, lot less cutties and no baitfish. I can't wait to hit this particular spot again when there is some bait. If a bunch of candlefish show up this spot could be amazing.
All the fish came on my same old olive/white clouser. I tried a popper for awhile but nada.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: 3/15 salt - 03/16/07 01:41 AM

man that ting is gotta be getting worn out.

i gave lincon park a try this afternoon. but it was low tide and with the 8wt it was just a pain to cast for to long. i did however get a nice little hit from something. there were some birds close by and a few fish around 8" jumping every little bit maybe 5-10 minutes.
Posted by: fishpinner

Re: 3/15 salt - 03/16/07 03:51 PM

Sounds like you've got a pretty sweet spot, Smartie. Your reports are making me jealous, but keep them coming.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: 3/15 salt - 03/16/07 03:57 PM

i got my first fish of the year on the fly rod this morning. it was sweet. 9" silver caught on a blue and white clouser \:\) im stoked