new fly rod finaly

Posted by: Anonymous

new fly rod finaly - 07/17/07 11:03 PM

so i have been waiting for don of dons custom rods to finish up my fly rod. few little set backs so it took a little longer then expected. but he is a good guy so i didnt mind one little bit.

he sent me a couple pics and man it looked nice. and after finally seeing it in person. WOW!!! its beautiful

its a beulah 9'6" 6wt 3pc rod. blank color is a dark green and i had it wrapped in purple with a matalic purple edging.

don does such good work and i recomend him to anyone who is looking for a custom rod in the future. he is a good guy and great to deal with.

for anyone who is wondering. i am complimenting this rod with an okuma helios 5/6 reel and cortland percision change a tip line.

not sure how i will like the line but its a little newer design then the old cortland 444 change a tip. so i hope it will be better.

as for the reel, i have one in a 8/9 and it is butter smooth and the drag can stop the most burly chums.

im just stoked on this new setup and thought i would share

good luck and tight lines.
Posted by: D3Smartie

Re: new fly rod finaly - 07/18/07 08:16 PM

congrats.... lets see a pic!

Re: new fly rod finaly - 07/18/07 09:16 PM

um i dont have a camera \:\(

i'll see if i can get the pics off my email...EDIT i looked and dont have them anymore...

the closest thing i could get is a crappy camera phone pic and i still wouldnt know how to attach them here.

Re: new fly rod finaly - 07/18/07 09:19 PM

cant wait to try it out on some pinks next weekend.

and now i have a rod i can target src's with finaly