sea run cutts?

Posted by: Anonymous

sea run cutts? - 07/20/07 12:45 AM

is this a good time of year for them? havent heard much about them the last couple weeks...

i finally got the right setup to fish them and i cant wait
Posted by: mreyns_tgl

Re: sea run cutts? - 07/20/07 12:49 AM

i've been gettin them over here, but i dunno what time of year is best over in the sound.....

Re: sea run cutts? - 07/20/07 01:01 AM

hmm yea i planned on heading over your way this weekend but those plans fell through.

im hoping to hit linkin park after work tomarrow and hopefuly get some silvers or pinks traveling along shore. and linkin park has been known to put out a few src's
Posted by: D3Smartie

Re: sea run cutts? - 07/20/07 01:53 AM

plenty of cutties around but the kings have been keeping me busy :-)
I will be back out there shortly chasing the cutts
Posted by: Preston Singletary

Re: sea run cutts? - 07/20/07 10:04 AM

Sea-run cutthroat are available in the salt year-round. Their numbers there are smallest during the late winter and early spring months. Cutthroat usually run up the larger rivers in the late summer and fall to spawn anywhere from February to June with a peak usually in March.

In some small rivers and creeks, the run timing is much more truncated. Notably in some of the small Hood Canal and South Sound streams they pop in during the high winter flows, take care of business and almost immediately head back out. I've caught bright, fresh-run cutts in the Stillaguamish as early as July and as late as February and, in the pre-dam days, everyone agreed that the first runs of "harvest trout" would be in the Cowlitz on the Fourth of July. Sea-run cutthroat exhibit a greater variety of run timing than almost any other native salmonid.

Re: sea run cutts? - 07/21/07 04:43 PM

thanks for the info preston
Posted by: havnfun

Re: sea run cutts? - 08/06/07 05:38 PM

friend has been getting them in the lower canel area also. from the beach