How do you handle the HO?

Posted by: BCB

How do you handle the HO? - 12/23/08 10:46 AM

I will be driffting the "Ho" this weekend. ( Ya shes a dirty little Bit.. ) Hoping to put the hammer down on some big brats. Any suggestions for me? Have'nt been in years and can wait to hit the Dirty girl right in her skirt! Thinking nymphing is in order even on the pulloffs where we wade. Who's doing what? And how do you handle the HO????

Re: How do you handle the HO? - 12/23/08 10:48 AM

ps and not the ones on the right of the screen ------->
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: How do you handle the HO? - 12/23/08 12:57 PM

The guides in boats that I've seen there get out and wade and swing the broad runs and fly dog (indicator nymph) the water in between.

Sg
Posted by: ColeyG

Re: How do you handle the HO? - 12/23/08 01:05 PM

Sg nailed it. Pull over and work the good fly water, drag something round and eggy under and indicator through the flats on the way through. Don't pass up any glassy v-shaped tailouts.
Posted by: BrianL

Re: How do you handle the HO? - 12/23/08 01:07 PM

Yeah, hit the areas around wood in the river with the Indicator rig (front and back). Anything that scours out a depression where they can rest. If you're fishing lower on the Hoh (traveling water), my best advice is "don't fish too deep". They'll be traveling right where I see most guys wading. wink

Re: How do you handle the HO? - 12/23/08 01:18 PM

Thanks salmo G, Guess I bringing 2 rods then. My new teeny T-200 just came in the mail. Time to get my swing on.... can't wait. BCB

Re: How do you handle the HO? - 12/23/08 01:20 PM

SO swing the outer cuts and still, slack water near the bank????

Re: How do you handle the HO? - 12/23/08 08:32 PM

Oxbow must be bad. Stam's no [censored]. wink

Re: How do you handle the HO? - 12/23/08 08:33 PM

Oops - didn't know the name of the Godde$$ was censored.

Re: How do you handle the HO? - 12/24/08 05:53 PM

Yeah, I read something once (maybe even on this board) that really applies to floating rivers.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience . . . and most of that comes from Bad Judgement"

I love the Hoh, but ya gotta re-learn it after every flood or else eek2.