Another quick evening

Posted by: D3Smartie

Another quick evening - 05/19/09 11:56 PM

headed out again this evening. Arrived at the beach with cloudy skies and the sun poking through but i could see the rain clouds flowing down the mountains. I knew i wasnt going to have much time to fish but i had to get out. spent a few minutes BSing with my friends on the beach and took off in search of cutties at about 515. fished 3 beaches tonight with the 2nd being loaded with fish. I landed fish on 6 consectutive casts and missed several other. In only an hour or so of fishing, i landed 12 fish, 10 cutts and 2 residents. The biggest cutt was a healty 16 inches and the biggest resi about 18. Both residents regurgitated herring as i brought them to the net.
I had to come in early as the rain really started to come down, and the wind picked up out of the north. luckily i didnt have far to run but i was drenched by the time i made it back.
only one crappy pic on the cell phone but when the weather clears i'll get some more.
Posted by: Chester Allen

Re: Another quick evening - 05/20/09 03:35 AM

Nice report....
Lots of herring along South Puget Sound inlets right now....

Re: Another quick evening - 05/20/09 05:01 PM

there were a few fish showing themselves(jumping) but mainly i just already know where they are going to be and can target those areas of the beach. Usually not more than 100' stretches of shoreline.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Another quick evening - 05/20/09 05:44 PM

Dave,
Have any coho been showing themselves when you've been out the past few days?
Thanks,
Brian

Re: Another quick evening - 05/20/09 06:03 PM

not in big schools like you'll sometimes see this time of year. The resis i have caught have been in small groups i seems. 2-5 fish. The 2 residents i did catch yesterday were both blind casting but after bringing them to net i did see/hear fish jump in the same area. I couldnt see if they were cutties or residents but based on the water depth i think they were resis.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Another quick evening - 05/20/09 06:15 PM

Thanks!