Columbia @ Ringold?

Posted by: RUNnGUN

Columbia @ Ringold? - 10/07/14 09:45 AM

Anyone ever swung flys for Steelhead on the Columbia at or near the Ringold Hatchery? Never been there and am considering giving it a try along with some wine tasing in the Tri Cities. Have a camper and it sounds like you can crash in the parking lot at the Hatchery. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: Columbia @ Ringold? - 10/07/14 11:37 AM

Never swung flies but have seen several there doing so as I'm chucking corkie and yarn. Usually most guys bank fishing do so as you mentioned near the hatchery intake. Its a lot of fun exploring up and down the banks there, and when the fish are in they are willing and will play. I saw a few guys swinging down there this weekend but I think they were probably after salmon. Lots of spots to pull off and make camp, lots of options of as far as fish-able water from the bank too. Good luck if you go, neat area. Hope this helps in any way.

Tyler
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Columbia @ Ringold? - 10/08/14 06:35 PM

Always wanted to try that fishery, here is a pic of my ascot-wearing bug tossin college roomate circa 1989 from Ringold......that brown spot I think is egg foo young from the pic lying on my desk

Re: Columbia @ Ringold? - 10/09/14 01:20 PM

That's a bute and a brute. Leaving tomorrow. Hope I can be so lucky.

Re: Columbia @ Ringold? - 10/12/14 03:00 PM

Fished Ringold Sat. No takes swinging. Lots of boot Kings rolling and being caught by boaters. Saw one bait bankie get a Seelhead and release. Looked at my old catch records and seems more steelhead are caught in July/Aug/Sept, rather than Oct. Wonder if most by boaters? It seems more were planted in 80's than now also. Oh well, got some rust off my Spey casting and got some nice weather and good wine tasting in.